Cumulative Update 5 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 has been released

Cumulative Update 5 includes all application and platform hotfixes and regulatory features that have been released for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015.

The cumulative update includes hotfixes that apply to all countries and hotfixes specific to the following local versions:

•   AU – Australia
  •   NL – Netherlands
  •   NO – Norway
  •   NZ – New Zealand
  •   RU – Russia
  •   SE – Sweden
  •   UK – United Kingdom

Note: You must convert the database if you are upgrading to Cumulative Update 5 from a cumulative update earlier than Cumulative Update 4 (build 39663). For more information, see Converting a Database in Help for Microsoft Dynamics NAV.

Where to find Cumulative Update 5

You can download the cumulative update from KB 3039824  – Cumulative Update 5 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 (Build 40262).

Additional Information

For information about how to install the cumulative update, see How to Install a Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 Cumulative Update

For information about how to work around a recent process change, see How to Get Back the ‘Hotfix Directories’ from NAV 2015 Cumulative Update 1.

For a list of all cumulative updates for this version, see Released Cumulative Updates for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015.

1. guido robben says:

Just like last update. You cannot download.

Oops!

The page you are looking for may have a new location, or is no longer available.

2. Pallea says:

Hello guys

Here is what I did:

Switch to Private browsing then go go

mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource

Upper right corner where it says "Search this site"

Just type

Released Cumulative Updates for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 (2013 or 2013 R2) and click on search

You will get a list of available updates, click on the one you need

Then the rest is business as usual (i hope, at least it was for me).

Thanks

Palle

PS: The danish Version is missing 🙁 🙁

3. RadoA says:

The same problem with download as for 2013 R2. Private Browsing doesn't work for me.

4. Pallea says:

@RadoA

I have just tried NAV 2013 R2 – Update 17 and it works quite nicely. Try with another browser!

If you don't get the page with Accept Terms then it does not work.

Thanks

PalleA

5. Martin Nielander says:

In regards to download issues, then I found this article, not sure if that changes anything?: support.microsoft.com/…/2549423

Please let me know if that does the trick or not?

6. @Martin

It isn't the final download that does not work , the browser navigation and authentication itself is corrupted.

Just like last month when this strange behaviour started, this is the only procedure that works for me: You have to log in for the KB article above, copy in download link in the article (don't click on it). Then open a new private session or another browser, but here without(!) logging in. If you open the download link directly while still being logged in, you will receive something like "Page not available". It works only if you are logged out, so there appears to be a security breach somewhere.

7. RadoA says:

@Kai

Perfect procedure. I'm downloading it right now.

8. Martin Nielander says:

@Kai, thanks I got that. But I am still trying to figure out what others have experienced and there seems to be something related to IE settings and https sites. So I was just wondering if it works when you try to clear the checkmark as suggested in the article? support.microsoft.com/…/2549423.

I better state that I am not able to reproduce the issue myself.

9. Martin Nielander says:

@Palle, the Danish version is there now. It was still uploading when this page went live.

10. Having the same 'Oops' problem here; it appears to be some sort of problem caused by me being 'logged in to Micrososft'. If I copy the download page link to an 'inprivate' session (ie clear all the cookies including the login ones) it works.

support.microsoft.com/…/KBHotfix.aspx

11. Correction, sometimes works …

That probably means it's not cookies, maybe caching, maybe a half broken accelerator. Sigh.

12. Julian says:

The hotfix list mentions that this is fixed:

If the company name starts with a number or has '-' in it, the upgrade from previous release fails.

However I still get an error during the data upgrade if any of my companies start with a number. I am using the German-DE-Version. It seems that the fix is missing here. Could you confirm?

Best regards,

Julian

13. The build no. 40242 as stated above is not correct, it should be 40262.

14. navteam says:

@Kai: Thanks for catching that! We updated the build number in the blog post above.

@Julian: Our test process confirms that the fix is available in CU5 and functions as expected. If you continue to run into the same problems, please contact Support through the normal channels.

Best regards,

The Dynamics NAV team

15. guidorobben says:

Can the NAVteam explain the oops problem? It has been 3 Cu so far and it doesn't seem to get better.

16. Paul Van Gampelaere says:

I had the same issue when I used my companies E-mail account. However, when I use the e-mail account that is used as my windows Live Id I did not get the Oops error.

17. Gerd Hübner says:

After some "oops" (the requested page is not available), I did it again and this time I succeeded. What did I do? I activated InPrivate Browsing and copied the link to the KB site into the Browser (IE). Note, that you have to restart InPrivate Browsing each time you want to download a hotfix (cumulative update), you have to login each time and you have to confirm the confidential agreement each time. If one if these steps is missing (for example if you have activated automatic login), you will probably end up with "oops", again…

Skip to main content