Cumulative Update 3 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 has been released

Cumulative Update 3 includes all application and platform hotfixes and regulatory features that have been released for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015.

The cumulative update includes hotfixes that apply to all countries and hotfixes specific to the following local versions:

•   AU – Australia
  •   NO – Norway
  •   NZ – New Zealand
  •   RU – Russia
  •   SE – Sweden
  •   UK – United Kingdom

Where to find Cumulative Update 3

You can download the cumulative update from KB 3024901  – Cumulative Update 3 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 (Build 39368).

Additional Information

For information about how to install the cumulative update, see How to Install a Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 Cumulative Update

For information about how to work around a recent process change, see How to Get Back the ‘Hotfix Directories’ from NAV 2015 Cumulative Update 1.

For a list of all cumulative updates for this version, see Released Cumulative Updates for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015.

1. Holger Ertel says:

2. Martin Nielander says:

@Holger; really? I can see several CZ downloads when looking at the server. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 for India is not part of the Cumulative Update program and there are currently no plans to include it.

3. Pallea says:

Bitte schreiben Sie in Englisch, um eine schnellere Antwort erhalten.

Danke

4. Holger Ertel says:

Part 1 of 2 (because the text length is limited per comment)

@Martin, I have documented the following facts to the traceability of my previous post. The documentation is divided into chronological steps.

#########################

24. Jan. 2015, 08:15 a.m.

#########################

On the PartnerSource site "Download Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015" mbs.microsoft.com/…/msdnav2015download is CZ not in the "product download"-list.

On the page mbs2.microsoft.com/…/kbdisplay.aspx "cumulative update 2 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV-2015 (build 38798)" and the "view and download hotfix" page support2.microsoft.com/…/KBHotfix.aspx is no download available for CZ. As well, also not a CU1 download for CZ available is at the same time.

In the PDF file "Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 availability and localization fact sheet", which can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/…/details.aspx, is written, that the availability for CZ (Czech Republic) and IN (india) will be announced.

Summarized is no single CZ download available on 24 January 2015. No RTM version and not a cumulative update.

#########################

24. Jan. 2015, 11:58 a.m.

#########################

The navteam publishes the blog entry "Cumulative update 3 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV by 2015 has been released" on the page blogs.msdn.com/…/cumulative-update-3-for-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2015-has-been-released.aspx. CZ is not listed in the list of the countries listed in the blog entry.

For the first time, a NAV 2015 download is available for the Czech Republic. Via the link support2.microsoft.com/…/KBHotfix.aspx is the cumulative update 3 available. The build number is 39368.

#########################

26. Jan. 2015, 08:50 a.m.

#########################

I have commented on the page "blogs.msdn.com/…/cumulative-update-3-for-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2015-has-been-released.aspx" that CZ is missing in the list of the countries listed.

"Quote:"In der Auflistung fehlt CZ (Tschechische Republik). Mit dem Cumulativen Update 3 für NAV 2015 steht erstmals Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 für Tschechien zur Verfügung. Die erstmalige Veröffentlichung für Indien soll mit einem der nächsten Cumulativen Updates erfolgen."

#########################

26. Jan. 2015, 09:17 a.m.

#########################

I have get following response on my blog entry by Martin Nieländer (Microsoft Program Manager (Danmark) & team blog member of the Dynamics NAV product group: quote: "@Holger; really? I can see several CZ downloads when looking at the server. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 for India is not part of the cumulative update program and there are currently no plan to include it."

… to be continued

5. Holger Ertel says:

… Continuation of part 1

#########################

26. Jan. 2015, 05:45 p.m.

#########################

I wonder about the statement by Martin Nielander and research why Martin Nielander sees "several CZ downloads when looking at the server". Which server is meant?

I'm checking the statement by Martin. Here is my result:

On the PartnerSource site "Download Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015" "mbs.microsoft.com/…/msdnav2015download" is CZ unexpectedly in the "product download"-list with the note over to the upgrade toolkit "available in NAV 2015 CU1".

I wonder more and more. Is the CU1 suddenly fell from the sky or is it magic :-)?

I ran the download, unzipped, checked and found that the download is the build 38798. I ran the download, unzipped, checked and found that the download is the build 38798 (see the following screenshot). Build 38798 is CU2.

Also I have the indication "available in NAV 2015 CU1" on the knowledge base page '"cumulative update 1 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 (build 38457)" mbs2.microsoft.com/…/kbdisplay.aspx tested. On the "view and download hotfix" side support2.microsoft.com/…/KBHotfix.aspx is no download available for CZ (so not for the CU1)

Then I checked, whether on the Knowledgebase page "cumulative update 2 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 (build 38798) mbs2.microsoft.com/…/kbdisplay.aspx and the underlying "view and download hotfix" side" is a download for CZ and the CU2 available. The result is that no CU2 to the download available.

Can someone follow me yet intellectually? 🙂

Summarized:

Retroactively, Microsoft has provided a release for the Czech Republic (CZ) to download on the "NAV 2015 product download page" in the period between 24 and 26 January 2015.The Build = CU2.

The CU2 is not however about the corresponding "CU2-download page" available.

The RTM build number for the Czech Republic is not the same as the RTM build of other local country versions. Looking in vain for information.

A release of CU1 "Upgrade Toolkit", which refers to the product download page for CZ, does not exist. On the "download page" of the CU1 CZ is not listed.

The CU3 is about the "CU3 download page" available.

############

Final result

############

Microsoft has provided for the first time a download for CZ – at the same time with two different build numbers (CU2 and CU3) parallel for "NAV 2015" in the period of 24-26 January 2015.

If Microsoft does not back retroactively changed something during the creation of this documentation, my details will be traceable.

@ Martin, PS: how is your email address? I would provide more confidential information.

Best regards

Holger

6. Holger Ertel says:

Who knows why my name is not displayed. There are only * shown. I don't want to be anonymous 🙂

7. Jens Glathe says:

Yes, the constant changes can be a pain. More so because it's inconsistent over time. One more general question regarding the Cumulative Updates: This seems to be the way of delivering official releases now. Why do we get it with the "confidential" and "hot fix" attributes, then? I have to request the downloads every time I need them, and there is always the long "danger, not fully tested, will be in the next service pack" text in this email with the download link. This at least sounds really wrong. Mixing hotfixes with new functionality aside, it is stating that we get a product that is not fully tested according to your own rules. Since we can't separate the fixes from the new functionality ourself, how is this supposed to be safe in any way?

Regarding the download facility, how about releasing the CUs in a download directory somewhere on PartnerSource?

8. Martin Nielander says:

Wow, I must have gotten you completely wrong. Let me try to make a long reply short.

1. NAV 2015 for CZ was released in December 2015 (hence a different build number). The download page was updated late December to include the CZ release.

2. There is no CZ included in the downloads of cumulative update 1 as the product was not ready at that time.

3. I will try to see if I can find the owner of the fact sheet so that we can get it updated.

4. Correct the blog post does not mention that CZ is included. Only the kb article lists CZ as an available download. I will get that fixed.

5. I understood your comment as if CZ was not available and checked the CU 3 download server. There I could see that CZ was downloaded and then concluded that it was available.

6. Yep, the UPGTK reference is strange, I have reached out to those who owns that communication.

7. Holger you can reach me at martinni@microsoft.com.