Welcome to Dynamics NAV App Update Version 1.1

An update to Microsoft Dynamics NAV for tablets is now available. Update to version 1.1. from your preferred store; Windows Store, or Google play. The update to version 1.1 will soon be available on the App Store as well.

Note that the minimum requirement for installing the Dynamics NAV for tablets update is that Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 CU1 is installed, if you use Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) as the authentication mechanism. For more information, please see our earlier blog post Important Note Regarding the Soon-To-Be-Released Dynamics NAV App Update Version 1.1.

The changes and fixes in this version are:

• Fixed security vulnerability on Android.
  • Support for iOS 8.x
  • When starting the app, the Service name field contains a hint to the expected format of the URL.
  • Avoid connection issues on some active directory domains.
  • Adjusting the service URL is easier, because the Service name already contains the value entered the first time.
  • Added language support for Dynamics NAV for Android. The list now includes: Danish (Denmark), Dutch (Belgium), Dutch (Netherlands), English (Australia), English (Canada), English (India), English (New Zealand), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Finnish (Finland), French (Belgium), French (Canada), French (France), French (Switzerland), German (Austria), German (Germany), German (Switzerland), Icelandic (Iceland), Italian (Italy), Italian (Switzerland), Norwegian (Bokmål) (Norway), Russian (Russia), Spanish (Mexico), Spanish (Spain), and Swedish (Sweden).
  • Added language support for Dynamics NAV for iPad. The list now includes: Danish (Denmark), Dutch (Belgium), Dutch (Netherlands), English (Australia), English (Canada), English (India), English (New Zealand), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Finnish (Finland), French (Belgium), French (Canada), French (France), French (Switzerland), German (Austria), German (Germany), German (Switzerland), Icelandic (Iceland), Italian (Italy), Italian (Switzerland), Norwegian (Bokmål) (Norway), Russian (Russia), Spanish (Mexico), Spanish (Spain), and Swedish (Sweden).

Additionally, Dynamics NAV for tablets will include the following changes if your administrator has deployed Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 Cumulative Update 2:

• Getting a “The tenant ‘myTenant’ was not found.” error message when you try to connect to a server configured with Azure AD authentication and hostname-based tenant resolution.
  • Getting a “The tenant ‘myTenant’ was not found.” error message when you try to connect to a server configured with Azure AD authentication and the tenant was specified as a URL parameter.
  • Microsoft Dynamics NAV for tables can now connect to a server on localhost using HTTP. This is intended for one-box demo deployments such as demoing on Surface Pro 3.

For more information on Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 Cumulative Update 2, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=522094 (login to PartnerSource is needed).

1. Pallea says:

Hello Guys

I have just done a "CLEAN" installation with Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition and Installed NAV 2015 update 2, with everything.

The Development Environment, The Client and the Webclient Works all fine, but I have a problem when I log onto Windows Store.

When I try to download the app Windows store says: "Denne app kan ikke installeres, da din PC ikke opfylder alle kravene. Gรฅ til appens beskrivelsesside og se kravene, som stรฅr beskrevet under detaljer" = meaning something like: "This app can not be installed on this PC as it does fullfill all requirements. Go to…" etc etc.

I can not see the requirements anywhere and I am clueless of why I cant Install/download the app.

For testing I downloaded both the Netflix app, JetReports and others without any problems.

(On a similar image the old Windows store app was installed without any problems)

Thanks

Palle

2. Pallea says:

Problem solved ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks to Mike B. Cardona at the Vedbaek Campus, that gave me a hint to the solution.

It's a memory Issue. I was using a Hyper-V image with less memory than 2gb – which I was not aware of, because it was running quite fast ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

So all I had to do was to increase the memory in my Hyper-V image and voila! problem solved, program installed without any problems. Hours of work saved!

Thanks Mike!

3. Andy says:

Hi,

can you tell me if this app has offline synch capabilities? It is not clear if this app does this. Thanks

4. AJ Ansari says:

I have a request for the NAV Development team: Please consider lowering the RAM requirement for the Windows Tablet Client on the windows Store from 2GB to 1GB.

I ask because the "full" NAV 2015 Windows Client itself only requires 1GB of RAM, despite all the dependencies like the .net Framework. Even Microsoft Office applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook can be installed and run on machines with only 1GM of RAM. In fact, we are capable of running two or three of these applications concurrently.

As you may be aware, Microsoft is offering "Windows 8.1 with Bing" to OEMs for effectively no cost as the strategy moves away from "Windows RT". Unlike Windows RT which was restricted to ARMv7 architecture, "Windows 8.1 with Bing" is a full version of Windows 8.1 running on Intel x86/x64 architecture processors.

This has encouraged OEMs like HP, Dell, ASUS, etc. to load this OS version on devices powered by very affordable quad-core Intel Atom Processors like the Z3735G and flood the market with very low priced entry level tablets (in the US$70-US$200 range). But most of these tablets come with only 1GB of RAM, and in most cases, the configuration will not support or recognize additional memory even if it were physically possible to add more.

Examples of these devices are HP Stream 7, HP Stream 8, Dell Venue Pro 8, etc., with more expected to come soon as Windows 10 will also support PCs and tablets with 1GB of RAM.

To supplement the above information with personal experiences, I have an HP Stream 7 currently (successfully) running the full Windows Client of NAV 2015 and connecting with a NAV 2015 server, and as expected, the performance is quite satisfactory. But because it has only 1GB of RAM (with no possibility of increasing), I have no hope of downloading the Windows Tablet Client at this time. I have been able to emulate the Tablet Client by connecting using a web browser (http://<servername&gt;:8080/DynamicsNAV80/WebClient/Tablet.aspx) and there have been no performance issues whatsoever. In fact, it feels like it runs "lighter" than the full Windows Client.

I cannot speak to the limitations on Android devices, which have a similar 2GB memory requirement, since I do not own one.

But I would like to request that with the next update, the minimum RAM requirement for the Windows Tablet Client downloadable from the Windows Store be reduced from 2GB to 1GB. It should be very easy for the development team to test and confirm that this will work.

Thank you in advance for considering this request.

Best Regards,

AJ Ansari

NAV Product Manager, InterDyn BMI

E-mail: AJ.Ansari@InterDynBMI.com

1. mikebc_MSFT says:

Thanks for your feedback.

We have considered your request and are pleased to announce that update 2.0 for Dynamics NAV for Windows has lifted the 2GB minimum requirement. You can now install and run the app on your Windows devices having 1GB of RAM.
      For the latest system requirements across Windows, iOS and Android platforms, please see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301054(v=nav.90).aspx#DynNAVApp

Thanks,
      Mike Borg Cardona
      Program Manager @ the Dynamics NAV Team

5. Andy says:

Hi guys,

trying to get this app installed on my HP Stream 7 tablet and the Marketplace does not allow me for what appears being down to needing 2GB RAM – have anyone come across this? I can have a full Windows Client on this tablet (full 8.1 Windows O/S) but I cannot get the app. Seems a bit silly to me!

Does anyone know of a registry hack that can assist?

Thanks

Andy

1. mikebc_MSFT says:

Thanks for your feedback Andy.
      Check out my post to an earlier comment on the 2GB RAM requirement as this may interest you.

Thanks,