SkyDrive continues to be a growing leader in securely storing and sharing documents across the internet. Integrating sharing of documents on SkyDrive with Microsoft Dynamics NAV is much simpler and let’s have a look how.
*There are no additional add-ins or code required for integration.
Step 1: Create a new document on SkyDrive (Word, Excel, PowerPoint):
Step 2: Select the document and click Sharing:
Step 3: Choose the relevant sharing permissions for the document:
Step 4: Open a page in the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 Windows client, and then choose Links:
Step 5: Create new Link from Actions and paste your SkyDrive shared link. Click Save.
Step 6: Any user accessing the order can open Links and access the document saved on SkyDrive:
- It is not recommended to share links publicly.
- Multiple documents can be linked to the same record.
- Editing Office Documents requires a Microsoft Office subscription.
- Essentially a SkyDrive Pro account is recommended to share links, however any Microsoft Account can be used to access and store documents on SkyDrive.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013
These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confer no rights. You assume all risk for your use.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV