Our final update to the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Developer and IT Pro Help has been published on MSDN and the Microsoft Download Center. You can download the updated .chm file and copy it into your NAV 2009 installation to update the Help you receive from F1. The cumulative changes to the Help are available on the What’s New page.
Some of the new and updated content areas for this release include:
- Web services
- Page operations now discussed in separate reference pages; new page operation (Delete_<part>) now documented; walkthroughs revised.
- Working with Web Services
- Added note describing need to configure Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server to delegate to the cifs service on the destination computer in some cases when the destination for a file operation initiated from the RoleTailored client, such as RENAME and COPY, is not on the computer running Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server.
- How to: Set Up Delegation
- Database changes that require elevated permissions
- Updated the information on permissions necessary for various administrator tasks.
- Setting Database Owner and Security Administration Permissions
- Added a topic about how page settings and page orientation are determined when you print reports.
- Updated a walkthrough that creates both a Classic layout and an RDLC layout for a report. Added screen shots, updated the procedures, and incorporated partner feedback.
- Printing Reports
- Walkthrough: Designing a Customer Sales Order Report
- Added a walkthrough that explains how to create and implement a Cue on the Role Center.
- Walkthrough: Creating a Cue on a Role Center
- Home button
- Added a new topic that describes the Home button and how to add items to it.
- Home Button Overview
- Report properties
- ISTEMPORARY function (RecordRef)
- Improved F1 support for developer scenarios
As always, let us know what you think, what’s missing, what’s helpful, and what you like and dislike about Help.
- Bob, Jill and John (the writers for NAV Developer and IT pro Help)