The Best Practices Analyzer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 is a tool for identifying issues that can prevent you from successfully deploying a three-tier environment of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009.
Three-tier environment deployments can be challenging because they often require additional domain administration tasks. The Best Practices Analyzer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 queries various sources and produces reports that can help you diagnose issues with your deployment.
The Best Practices Analyzer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 performs the following verifications:
- Verifies that an appropriate version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server is installed. Only Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 is supported.
- Verifies Microsoft Dynamics NAV connection strings.
- Verifies that the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service, the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web services service, and the SQL Server service are running.
- Checks database permissions to make sure that the required resources can connect to the database.
- Verifies that the necessary service principal names (SPN) have been created and correctly configured on the account that is running the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service.
- Verifies that constrained delegation has been configured.
You can find more information about the tool and download it from CustomerSource here:
or from PartnerSource here: