The big news today is that we’ve released the updated developer and ITPro docs to the Web to make it easier for you to search and find information. You can find the updated docs in the MSDN Library. This update builds on the content that shipped with NAV 2009 and includes new or revised developer, installation, and administration topics around:
- Security for the RoleTailored client
- Differences between developing for the Classic client and the RoleTailored client
- File Handling
- C/SIDE Reference
As Claus mentioned in his post, the updates don’t end here. We’re writing new content every day and plan to refresh the Download Center and the MSDN Library about every 3 months. Here’s how you can help us — we need your input on the content that you want to see in the next update. There are a couple of ways you can provide this feedback:
- If you’re using nav_adg.chm, cside.chm or nav_install.chm, click the MSDN Documentation Feedback link at the bottom of a topic. That sends your request by e-mail directly to our inboxes.
- If you’re using the MSDN Library, click Click to Rate and Give Feedback in the top right corner of a topic. That sends your rating and content request to a database of requests that we will review regularly.
- Add a comment to this blog post.
In addition to the developer and ITPro doc updates, the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 UX Guide is also available from the Microsoft Download Center. The UX Guide is a tool to assist Microsoft Dynamics NAV ISVs in building more user-friendly applications that match the standard Microsoft followed to create the RoleTailored client.
Bob, Jill, Elona, Susanne (the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Platform Writers)