The Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1: Release Candidate has been released in both ISO and Web Setup format. Web setup allows you to install a specific subset of the SDK you select without having to download the entire SDK; whereas the DVD ISO setup allows you to download the entire SDK to install later.
The following is a small sampling of what’s new or updated in this SDK.
- Documentation – Approximately 80% of the SDK documentation set has been refreshed
- Headers/Libraries – numerous new and updated – please see What’s New in the Windows API under the top-level Getting Started section in the documentation
- Samples – Over 200 new and/or updated samples
- Tools – Several new tools added
- Visual Studio 2008 SP1 C++ command line compiler toolset and matching CRT