I am getting a Windows Update Error:80072EE2 when I try to run Windows Update. These steps seemed to help me. I don’t recommend updating your registry, but I tried it with success….
1. Click Start, open All Programs, and then click Accessories.
2. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
3. Type the following commands below:
a. reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /f
b. wmic /namespace:\\root\ccm\SoftwareUpdates\Wuahandler path CCM_UpdateSource delete
c. wmic /namespace:\\root\ccm\ScanAgent path CCM_ScanToolHistory delete
d. net stop wuauserv
e. net start wuauserv
4. Close the Command Prompt and restart the computer.
5. Test Windows Update to verify the issue is resolved.