MICROSOFT COMMUNITY VIDEO TIPS SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
PLEASE NOTE: It is your sole responsibility to review and understand your employer’s policies regarding your eligibility to participate in trade promotions. If you are participating in violation of your employer’s policies, you may be disqualified from entering or receiving prizes. Microsoft disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and their employer related to this matter, and prizes will only be awarded in compliance with the employer’s policies.
GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES: Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft Microsoft Community Video Tips sweepstakes will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Sweepstakes”throughout the rest of these rules.
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us”refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. “You” refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on October 29, 2, 2012, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on December 16, 2012 (“Entry Period”). The Entry Period consists of 1 Prize Period. Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
· You are a professional or enthusiast in the field of software / IT technology, and you are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia 18 years of age or older; and
o If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Sweepstakes; and
· You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
· You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
· You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
Create a short video (no longer than 7 minutes) that explains a user scenario and how that scenario is solved successfully by a Microsoft product, feature and/or an application available on Microsoft Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows Phone 8, Windows Phone 7 or Xbox 360. Videos related to Outlook.com features, highlights and scenarios will also be eligible for a First Place prize drawing. The video that you create will be referred to as your “Entry.”Once created, upload your Entry to your Youtube.com channel and include the tag #MSTips. Entries must comply with the YouTube Terms of Service https://www.youtube.com/t/terms. To be eligible, the video must have been uploaded to Youtube after July 1st, 2012.
To submit an Entry, complete the entry form located at: http://www.instant.ly/s/WadSgwMUYAA
This entry form Your name, your preferred contact email address (, your U.S. State of residence, a link to the publically accessible website where your Entry or Entries are posted
You can submit multiple entrys per form.
To be eligible for entry, the video must be applicable to Microsoft products currently released in market.
You may submit a maximum of 100 unique entries per person. To be considered a unique Entry, the video must have a unique URL and contain substantially different content than any of yoru other Entries. Non-winning entries will be included in any subsequent Prize Periods.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
· Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
· Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
We are not responsible for Entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason. In addition Entries must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
· your entry must be your own original work; and
· your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
· you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
· if requested, you must provide proof of permission (or be able to grant permission) from any recognizable person featured in your entry materials; and
· other than those of Microsoft, which you are granted a limited license to use for the sole purpose of submitting an entry in this Sweepstakes, your entry may not include any third party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (literary works, music, images, video).
Entries may NOT contain, as determined by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that:
· obscene or offensive;
· promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or a particular political agenda;
· communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or violates any law;
We reserve the right to reject or disqualify any Entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
Other than what is set forth below, we are not claiming any ownership rights to your entry. However, by submitting your entry, you:
· are granting us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze your entry and all its content in connection with this Contest; and (ii) feature your entry and all content in connection with the marketing, sale, or promotion of this Contest (including but not limited to internal and external sales meetings, conference presentations, tradeshows, and screen shots of the Contest entry in press releases) in all media (now known or later developed)
· agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted above;
· understand and acknowledge that the Sponsor(s) may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your submission and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry;
· understand that we cannot control the incoming information you will disclose to our representatives in the course of entering, or what our representatives will remember about your entry. You also understand that we will not restrict work assignments of representatives who have had access to your entry. By entering this Contest, you agree that use of information in our representatives’ unaided memories in the development or deployment of our products or services does not create liability for us under this agreement or copyright or trade secret law;
· understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these Official Rules
Please note that following the end of this Contest your entry may be posted on a website selected by us for viewing by visitors to that website. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by visitors to this website. While we reserve these rights, we are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry.
If you do not want to grant us these rights to your entry, please do not enter this Contest.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
On or around the close of the Prize Period, we will randomly select 2 potential (pending confirmation of eligibility) Grand Prize winners from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. On or around the close of the Prize Period, we will randomly select 2 potential (pending confirmation of eligibility) First Place Prize winners from among all eligible entries (videos related to Outlook.com only) received during the Entry Period.
(2) Grand Prizes: ASUS VivoTab RT –(total value is $599.99).
(2) First Place Prizes: ASUS VivoTab RT –(total value is $599.99).
Reference link: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/pd/ASUS-VivoBook-X202E-Touchscreen/productID.257339400/vip.true
The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes: $2399.96
We will only award one Grand prize or First Place prize per person during the Entry Period.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address, the phone number, or mailing address (if any) provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following the random drawing. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Sweepstakes . If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are apotential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Sweepstakes:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
- If you are otherwise eligible for this Sweepstakes, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
- Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries we receive.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
· To abide by these Official Rules; and
· To release and hold harmless Microsoft,and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
· That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes; and
· That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE SWEEPSTAKES CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure)affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right randomly to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstakes.
If youattempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstakes, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
We will post the names of winners who received a prize worth $25.00 or more online at
This list will remain posted one month after December 17, 2012.
WHERE CAN YOU FIND THE OFFICIAL RULES?
The official rules will be posted here:
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052