We are celebrating all the ways current Microsoft consumer products, apps and features solve people’s real world needs by launching the Microsoft Community Video Tips campaign hosted by the Microsoft MVP program!
Enter by sending a link to your video tips between August 2nd and October 3rd! A complete list of participating regions can be found at the bottom of this post.
The more video tips you create the more chances you have to win!
Upload your Microsoft video tip to YouTube
Step 2: Tag your video with #mstips
Email your video tip link to:
· One scenario, One solution per video
· Keep it real – Focus on your real world goal and how a Microsoft feature solves it!
· Keep it short & concise – We are aiming at 40 seconds to 3 minutes
· Share your brand – add your blog, twitter or other information in a none-intrusive way
· Be sure to use only currently released Microsoft products and apps
Microsoft Corporation | One Microsoft Way | Redmond, WA 98052
Welcome to the Microsoft Community Video Tips FAQfor the United States of America!
For information, rules, guidelines and FAQs for other participating countries, please go to:
Canada, Portugal, Spain, Taiwan, United Kingdom
Q. What is the Microsoft Community Video Tip campaign?
A. We are celebrating all the ways current Microsoft consumer products, apps and features solve people’s real world needs. We are seeking community members to share their favorite a short video that focuses on a real world scenario or solution and how that feature solves it!
Q. Where can I find the detailed rules regarding the Microsoft Community Video Tip campaign?
A. To see more regarding the official rules and criteria, please click here
Q. What sweepstakes prizes will I be eligible to win (This is for the US sweepstakes)?
A. There are two types of prizes – a weekly prize and a grand prize. Two (2) random winners will win a code for 1600 Microsoft Points awarded every Wednesday between August 8th and October 3rd.
One (1) grand prize will be a Dell Vostro 1440 with Windows 7 and a code for an upgrade to Windows 8 when available.
Q. How do I submit my video?
A. If you have reviewed the official rules and criteria, then upload your short community video tip to your YouTube page and include the tag for the product or app and include the tag #mstipsand a tag for the Microsoft product(s) you reference in your video. Next, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line “Community Video Tip submission”. For consideration and eligible for the sweepstakes, each content author must include the following:
· Legal Name
· Preferred Contact Email
· Title of the video
· Country of residence
· Video Language (e.g. English)
· Microsoft Relationship Status (General Community Member, Microsoft Employee, Microsoft MVP awardee, MCC Awardee)
Q. How long will the Community Video Tips sweepstakes run?
A. The sweepstakes will begin accepting video tips on August 2nd t 2012, and will stop accepting video tips on October 3rd, 2012 at midnight Pacific Time in the USA.
Q. Where can I find the official rules for the sweepstakes?
Q. When can I expect to be notified that my video was accepted?
A. Depending on the number of submissions received at the time of your submission, the review process may take up to 5 business days. You will receive a follow-up communication on your video status within this timeframe.
Q. Can my video tip be about more than one Microsoft product?
A. Yes! You can do a video tip on how two Microsoft products work together. For example, you could show how you use the Xbox Companion app on your Windows Phone to accomplish a task on your Xbox.
Q. What guidance what should I remember when creating my video tips?
A. We are looking for videos that present a one scenario, one solution format. Focus on your real world goal and how that feature solves it! Keep it short & concise – aim for 40 seconds to 3 minutes. Be sure to use only currently released products (no Windows 8 or Windows phone 8, etc.). Share who you are – add your twitter, your blog, or other information in a none-intrusive way. And finally be sure to review the official guidelines and rules for further details and information.
Q. Can I include information about my blog, my website or other information about me in my video tip?
A. Yes! These video should celebrate how you help the community with real world information. Feel free to include information about the online resources you want to share with the world into your video. This could be a beginning or ending image with information, your brand image on your video, or another non-intrusive display.
Q. I’m really excited about Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Office 2013. Can I submit video tips about those product to this sweepstakes?
A. No. This sweepstakes is only available for video tips regarding currently released Microsoft product in your country.
Q. Is there a limit to the number of videos I can submit?
A. You may submit a maximum of 100 unique entries per person. To be considered a unique Entry, the video must have a unique URL and contain substantially different content than any of your other entries.
Q. How does multiple submissions affect my chances of winning?
A. The prize selection is random, so more submission means a higher chance of winning.
Q. Where I can find a list of the randomly drawn winners?
Q. Where can I view the videos the complete list of approved videos submitted?
A. We will link all approved video tips on the Microsoft Award Program’s Microsoft Community Video Tips - English playlist
Q. Are government employees eligible?
A. No. Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible.
Q. What countries are participating in a Microsoft Community Video Tips sweepstakes?
A. These FAQs are for the sweepstakes taking place in the United States. If you reside in Brazil, Canada, Portugal, Spain, Taiwan, United Kingdom please consult the information, rules and FAQs in these links.
Q. Do I need to reside in one of the above listed countries to participate in the sweepstakes?
Q. Who is sponsoring the Microsoft Community Video Tips sweepstakes?
A. The Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way Redmond, WA 98052
MICROSOFT COMMUNITY VIDEO TIPS SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
PLEASE NOTE: It is your sole responsibility to review and understand your employer’s policies regarding your eligibility to participate in trade promotions. If you are participating in violation of your employer’s policies, you may be disqualified from entering or receiving prizes. Microsoft disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and their employer related to this matter, and prizes will only be awarded in compliance with the employer’s policies.
GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES: Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft Microsoft Community Video Tips sweepstakes will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Sweepstakes” throughout the rest of these rules.
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. “You” refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on August 2, 2012, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on October 3, 2012 (“Entry Period”). The Entry Period consists of 9 weekly Prize Periods. Each Prize Period begins at 12:01 am PT on the Wednsday and ends at 11:59 pm PT the following Tuesday of each week during the Entry Period. Non-winning entries will be carried over into any subsequent Prize Periods. Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
· You are a professional or enthusiast in the field of software / IT technology, and you are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia 18 years of age or older; and
o If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Sweepstakes; and
· You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
· You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
· You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
Create a short video (no longer than 5 minutes) that explains a user scenario and how that scenario is solved successfully by a Microsoft product, feature and/or an application available on Microsoft Windows Phone or Xbox 360. The video that you create will be referred to as your “Entry.” Once created, upload your Entry to a Youtube.com and include the tag #MSTips. Entries must comply with the YouTube Terms of Service https://www.youtube.com/t/terms. To be eligible, the video must have been uploaded to YouTube after May 1st, 2012.
To submit an Entry, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Microsoft Community Video Tips” and include the following in the body of the email:
Your name, your preferred contact email address (if different than the one submitting the Entry), your U.S. State of residence, language use in the video, the title of your video, a link to the publically accessible website where your Entry is posted, and indicate if you are a general Microsoft community member, a Microsoft MVP or an MCC Awardee.
To be eligible for entry, the video must be applicable to Microsoft products currently released in market. Products not yet in a state of general availability or in beta (including but not limited to Windows 8, Windows 8 Metro, Windows RT or Windows Phone 8) will not be considered for this Sweepstakes.
You may submit a maximum of 100 unique entries per person. To be considered a unique Entry, the video must have a unique URL and contain substantially different content than any of yoru other Entries. Non-winning entries will be included in any subsequent Prize Periods.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
· Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
· Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
We are not responsible for Entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason. In addition Entries must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
· your entry must be your own original work; and
· your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
· you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
· if requested, you must provide proof of permission (or be able to grant permission) from any recognizable person featured in your entry materials; and
· other than those of Microsoft, which you are granted a limited license to use for the sole purpose of submitting an entry in this Sweepstakes, your entry may not include any third party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (literary works, music, images, video).
Entries may NOT contain, as determined by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that:
· obscene or offensive;
· promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or a particular political agenda;
· communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or violates any law;
We reserve the right to reject or disqualify any Entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
Other than what is set forth below, we are not claiming any ownership rights to your entry. However, by submitting your entry, you:
· are granting us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze your entry and all its content in connection with this Contest; and (ii) feature your entry and all content in connection with the marketing, sale, or promotion of this Contest (including but not limited to internal and external sales meetings, conference presentations, tradeshows, and screen shots of the Contest entry in press releases) in all media (now known or later developed)
· agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted above;
· understand and acknowledge that the Sponsor(s) may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your submission and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry;
· understand that we cannot control the incoming information you will disclose to our representatives in the course of entering, or what our representatives will remember about your entry. You also understand that we will not restrict work assignments of representatives who have had access to your entry. By entering this Contest, you agree that use of information in our representatives’ unaided memories in the development or deployment of our products or services does not create liability for us under this agreement or copyright or trade secret law;
· understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these Official Rules
Please note that following the end of this Contest your entry may be posted on a website selected by us for viewing by visitors to that website. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by visitors to this website. While we reserve these rights, we are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry.
If you do not want to grant us these rights to your entry, please do not enter this Contest.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
On or around the close of each Prize Period, we will randomly select 3 potential (pending confirmation of eligibility) First Place winners from among all eligible entries received. Non-winning entries will be carried over into any subsequent Prize Periods. Limit one First Prize per person.
At the close of the Entry Period, we will randomly select 2 potential (pending confirmation of eligibility) Grand Prize winners from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
(1) Grand Prizes: A Dell Vostro 1440 laptop plus a Windows 8 upgrade code (total value is $513.99). Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $513.00
(18) First Place Prizes (2 awarded per Prize Period): 1,600 Microsoft Points card ARV $20.00
The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes: $873.99
We will only award one First Place prize and one Grand prize per person during the Entry Period.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address, the phone number, or mailing address (if any) provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following the random drawing. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Sweepstakes. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are apotential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Sweepstakes:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
- If you are otherwise eligible for this Sweepstakes, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
- Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries we receive.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
· To abide by these Official Rules; and
· To release and hold harmless Microsoft, and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
· That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes; and
· That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE SWEEPSTAKES CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure)affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right randomly to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstakes.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstakes, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
We will post the names of winners who received a prize worth $25.00 or more online at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mvpawardprogram/archive/2012/07/31/community-video-tips-campaign-winners-lists.aspx. This list will remain posted one month after October 3, 2012.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052