PRISM is a collection of tools for building maintainable and scalable Silverlight applications. It was created by the Microsoft’s Patterns and Practices team, and is a collection of libraries, code, documentation and samples.
Silverlight MVP Erik Mork has created a great suite of resources that can help the community to get started with the technology. Check out the list of video, blog posts and podcasts below for further information!
5 minute introduction to PRISM – 10 Things to Know About Silverlight PRISM. This post covers the essential things that web developer should know about PRISM.
Hyper-Videos – These are screencasts in a rich Silverlight Player. They include code that can be copied and pasted while watching the video. In addition, there is video navigation and deep linking support.
Podcast Interviews – These interviews were recorded with the Patterns and Practices team.
· What is PRISM – What is PRISM Interview
· How Modularity Works in PRISM – PRISM Modularity Interview
· When to use PRISM – When to use PRISM Interview
· How Regions Work in Prism – Regions in PRISM Interview
· View or Presenter First? – View or ViewModel First Interview
· How Commanding Works in PRISM- Commanding in PRISM Interview
· Loosely Coupled Communications in PRISM – Event Aggregator in PRISM Interview
Blog Posts – Helper resources for PRISM
PRISM Overview Post – 10 Things to Know about Silverlight PRISM (overview of all resources)
Downloading and Building Prism – Finding and Building PRISM Post