Have you ever felt inundated with developer tools? Do you ever feel you're missing something that could make your life easier as a developer and a power user? Tool familiarity continues to be one of the top developer challenges. Well, help is at hand, a new series of Channel 9 seminars could help you through this minefield!
Join Microsoft Florida Developer Evangelist Russ Fustino & Microsoft MVP Stan Schultes and others as they bring you demos and discussion about their favourite developer tools.
In Episode 1 of the series, learn about:
- Silverlight Live Plug-in for Expression Encoder
- Live Services – Virtual Earth – (MVP Stan Schultes)
- SysInternals - (MVP Stan Schultes)
- Windows Live Sky Drive
- WPF Application Styling (guest speaker MVP Jason Beres of Infragistics)
- Visual Studio Tools for Office
- Community Update – Microsoft Developer Evangelist Joe Healy
Episode 2 was filmed at the Orlando Code Camp in front of a live studio audience and includes content on:
· VSTS DB Pro
· Reporting Services
· Virtual PC
· DotNetNuke (MVP Stan Schultes)
· Ms-Build talking to Twitter – (MVP Sayed Ibrahim Hashimi)
· A Community Update by Microsoft Developer Evangelist Brian Johnson
Special thanks to MVP Stan Schultes, recent co-author on his book on DotNetNuke 5, MVP Sayed Ibrahim Hashimi , MVP Carl Franklin, Brian Johnson, Seminole Community College – Sanford, Lake Mary Campus and the Orlando Code Camp Team and attendees, and the many volunteers who made this show a reality!
- To use the Infragistics WPF Application Styling download, install the NetAdvantage Win Client and then install the Styling CTP.
- Listen to Dot Net Rocks for an interview with Russ and Stan on filming of the show along with some exciting presentation tips and tricks.
- Resources for all of the tools that are featured on the show, can be found here. PowerPoint slide decks, demo code and scripts for the series can be found here.
[Update] The latest Russ’ Tool Shed TV show of “Episode #3, It’s All About The Tools” has been published. Click here to view the latest episode!