I was recently hunting down some good articles where key folks in the industry are talking about Software + Services.
Here’s a few of the ones I found very helpful.
- Is the Cloud Reliable Enough for Business? Outages at a cloud-computing service could hurt your business. The question is whether your in-house systems can do better.
- Q&A: Clouds of Distribution, Erik Troan, CTO at rPath, a company that delivers enterprise applications across cloud-based environments, recently spoke with Dr. Dobb's Editor-in-Chief Jonathan Erickson about the rapidly changing world of distributed computing.
- Identity Management as a Service Makes Strides, Identity and access management (IAM) as a software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering is gaining steam in the market, according to analysts. Organizations are increasingly turning to SaaS approaches to IAM to cut costs and complexity.
- HP, Other Tech Giants Assess Cloud Computing, There are still many unexplored uses for cloud computing, according to executives at Hewlett-Packard, Intel, and Yahoo who met at HP's campus Monday for a status conference on their efforts to create a "test bed" of large data centers around the world.
- Five Cool Cloud-Computing Research Projects, The HotCloud conference on cloud computing in San Diego will boast a slew of fresh research into this hottest of IT topics. Here's a glimpse at the work that will be showcased at the event.
- Why Microsoft, Google, and Amazon Are Racing to Run Your Data Center, These companies are building out data center capacity around the world at a breakneck pace in order to handle the two big developments that are preparing to transform the technology world: cloud computing and utility computing.
- Busting the Nine Myths of Cloud Computing, Vendor hype and IT self-delusion can quickly lead to disappointment. If you're considering a cloud strategy, don't get fooled by these false premises.
- Will lawyers ruin cloud computing? Good walk thru of some of the issues being mulled over
Hope you find them as helpful as I did.
Thanks for checking out this post!