We are happy to announce that Windows MultiPoint Mouse SDK v1.5 is now Live! Windows MultiPoint Mouse SDK 1.5 offers several improvements over the old Microsoft MultiPoint SDK 1.1 including:
- Now supports Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 operating systems.
- Now supports 32 bit and 64 bit applications and operating systems by leveraging AnyCPU Intermediate Language (IL).
- New cursor capabilities were added: you can specify a cursor color, assign a custom image to a cursor, or hide cursors.
- New templates for Visual Studio 2008 were added to simplify the creation of MultiPoint Mouse applications.
- The namespace changed from Microsoft.MultiPoint to Microsoft.Multipoint to comply with capitalization conventions for .NET
- The number of DLLs was reduced from five to two (Microsoft.Multipoint.Sdk.dll and Microsoft.Multipoint.Sdk.Controls.dll)
- The object model was simplified, reducing the number of exposed classes, methods, and properties.
- The sample code was simplified and made to be compliant with good coding practices, such as FxCop guidelines to help further reduce programming errors.
- The sample code for allocating mouse cursors and the number and quality of cursor icons was improved making it easier to allocate custom cursors when creating an application.
Visit our brand new website today www.microsoft.com/multipointmouse and download the new Windows MultiPoint Mouse SDK today!