I was asked today: "just what are you doing at Microsoft these days? And what is this CPE thing I read about"
In short, I work with product and services groups across the company to improve satisfaction with our customers and partners. These customer-focus efforts are some of key tenets of our work that we refer to inside Microsoft (in both the business groups and SMSG) as the Customer and Partner Experience (aka CPE, another $MSFT TLA). More on the work we do at Microsoft to improve the Customer & Partner Experience – or CPE at the company – can be found in this Executive Summary and in my succinct post here.
Related to CPE is the work we do on the Microsoft GRS.
Uh oh, another Microsoft three letter acronym (TLA ;).
Every year, Microsoft turns to the Microsoft Global Relationship Study (GRS) to better understand the customer satisfaction our customers and partners though their thoughts, concerns and ideas. Their feedback has helped increase our understanding of their business needs, improve our products, and make it easier for them to do business with us. We focus on the results of the survey (and other research, such as product satisfaction) and make key changes. More information available at http://www.microsoft.com/ireland/grs/default.aspx.
And as Eric noted in his post, Microsoft also has many sites available "to share your experiences and connect with Microsoft to find solutions, learn about resources and much more." Here are a few:
- Microsoft Answers - Get answers to Windows questions and share your knowledge.
- Microsoft Connect - Report bugs, get downloads, find solutions, and vote for what's important to you.
- Microsoft Communities - Find online support, tips, discussion, and product expertise.
- Office Online - Tips, Help, and How-to resources for Microsoft Office.
- Microsoft Customer Business Center - Resources for small and medium-sized businesses.
Also available via http://bit.ly/hKvFTM