Thanks to Bethany for her question sent via email…
"I just installed the Live Toolbar beta and now I can’t find Form Fill. Do you know where I can find it?"
Well, short answer is you can’t: the Form Fill and Windows Live Favorites add-ins aren’t available on Windows Live Toolbar beta. This from the Help documentation:
"When you upgraded Toolbar beta, your Form Fill and Windows Live Favorites add-in settings were preserved on your local computer. To use these features, you must uninstall all of your Windows Live beta downloads and reinstall your previous version."
To the Live team: a great beta product but It would be nice if you were informed prior to installing the beta. Maybe you included the notice, but I missed that reference.
How do you get it back? Sadly (for now), the advice is to go back to the release version…
To uninstall Windows Live Toolbar beta:
In Windows XP, click Start, and then click Run.
In Windows Vista, click the Start button, and then click in the Start Search box.
- Type appwiz.cpl, and then press ENTER.
- Click Windows Live Beta (all programs), and then click Remove or Uninstall/Change.
- Click Change, and then click Continue.
- Under You haven’t installed these yet, clear all of the check boxes.
- Under You installed these earlier, clear all of the check boxes, and then click Continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions
To install the previous version of Toolbar beta:
- Go to the Windows Live website, and then click Get it free.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.