From my friend, JuliAnn… many thanks.
“This is why the Internet is the greatest media created in history. Take 60 seconds to do this… I guarantee you will show someone else…it’s too funny not to.
1. go to www.google.com
2. click on “Maps”
3. click on “Get Directions”
4. type “New York” in the first box – (the “from” box, before the double arrows)
5. type “London” in the second box – (the “to” box, after the double arrows)
6. hit the Get Directions button to the right of the “to” box
7. read down to step #24 in the directions it gives you.
So I followed the steps, and found that — contrary to that famous skit on SNL — you can “get there from here”…
I do like a sense of humour.
So I ran the same search on the Directions and Maps on Live Search…