This is a good cross post from Young Joo with his "top 10 list of how you as a software engineer should view customers."
I think the #1 item should be "Customers are not stupid. They are smarter than you are most of times."
Here's a couple more of my favorite top ten lists:
- Anne Obarski's The "Top 10" List for Great Customer Service
- A Potpourri of Ideas for Providing Great Customer
- Marketplace's (from the CBC) "Top Ten Customer Service Mistakes"
- Guy Kawasaki's "The Art of Customer Service"
- and my favorite (with all due respect): Guy's "Top Ten Lies of Engineers"