Are you ready for our 14th Professional Developers Conference!? We’re back at the Los Angeles Convention Center this November, and as always, it’s going to be fun event! We have one day of workshops (formerly referred to as pre-cons) on Monday, November 16th, and the main conference runs from Tuesday, November 17th through Thursday, November 19th.
Our event site at www.microsoftpdc.com opens for registration in early August. In the meantime, here are a few ways to plug-in to the news and announcements…
- First, add yourself to the PDC09 mailing list so we can send you information about the conference (like registration details, discounts, speakers, sessions, etc.). We don’t send a lot of mail, so you don’t have to worry about your inbox filling up.
- Follow @PDC09 on Twitter, and if you tweet anything about the conference, be sure to include the #pdc09 hashtag so we can hear what you have to say (yes, we listen). If you’ve been resisting Twitter, I have to tell you that it’s a fantastic way to keep up with everything that’s going on. If you don’t want to follow on your mobile device, search the #pdc09 hashtag on occasion for the latest updates.
- RSVP for the PDC09 Facebook event for yet another way to stay plugged-in to the event.
- If you’re a company that would like to sponsor or exhibit at PDC09, we’ve recently opened the submission process. There are limited sponsorships and exhibitor booths available in the convention center, so my recommendation is to submit early. But you knew I’d say that, didn’t you?
- Bookmark the www.microsoftpdc.com event site. That’s the central location for everything related to the conference.
In addition to being on our PDC09 Core Team (which means that I’m somehow involved with just about everything related to the event), I own our keynotes this year. I’m also part of the team that is working to elevate our online experience; we heard a lot of feedback at PDC2008 and MIX09, and we’re doing our best to address that feedback for PDC09.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to add a comment to this post or contact me directly. And watch this space for future posts about PDC09 as we get closer to the event.