Since I've been running Windows Vista RC1 (build 5600 for x86) on all of my primary machines, I figured I'd share a few more tidbits of information about some of the programs I run:
- Adobe Creative Suite 2 - I only use Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator CS2, and so far, they both work fine.
- DxO Optics Pro 3.5 - I was able to install this by using the program compatibility wizard, but when I try to run it, it fails. I contacted DxO, and they haven't yet tested on Windows Vista. I haven't tried their 4.0 Beta yet, so it might work.
- Windows Live Writer - installed and working fine. I'm actually using it to post this blog entry.
- SyncBackSE 18.104.22.168 - installed and appears to be working. I've only tried the standard "backup" settings, and I haven't tried to schedule a nightly backup yet.
- Flash Professional 8 - installed and working fine so far.
- QuickTime 7.1 - installed and runs fine, both in and out of the browser. The only thing missing is the glassy look in the standalone application.
- CuteFTP 8 - installed and runs fine. When exiting the application, I receive an error message, but it doesn't seem to cause any problems (this has been reported to GlobalSCAPE).
- VirtualCloneDrive - I've always been a fan of Daemon Tools, but it doesn't seem to work in Vista (correction: just noticed they released a new version that claims Vista compatibility). So, I've been trying VirtualCloneDrive, and it works well. It's a great tool for mounting ISO images, and it's free.
- SilverFast Ai 8 - great scanning software that works without a hitch.
I can't vouch for the accuracy of the contents, but you might also want to check out the Windows Vista RC1 Software Compatibility List that's being maintained as a wiki.