Unlike the January CTP of WinFX that didn’t include any updates to WPF, the Feburary CTP that we released this morning certainly does. Perhaps the most noticable improvements relate to performance. If you’re doing WPF development, you’ll want this.
- WinFX Runtime Components – everything you need to run WinFX applications
- Windows SDK – for the developer documentation, tools, samples, etc.
- Microsoft Visual Studio Code Name “Orcas” Community Technology Preview – Development Tools for WinFX – a terribly long and confusing name for the software that adds IntelliSense, new project types, and “Cider” to Visual Studio 2005
- Visual Studio Extensions for Workflow
- WinFX Runtime Components February CTP Release Notes – also worth checking out
If you have a prior version of WinFX installed on your computer, be sure to follow the uninstall procedures.
Last, if you’re a MSDN subscriber, you can download the Windows Vista February CTP via MSDN Subscriptions.
Update: If you’re interested in the status of Expression Interactive Designer and how it relates to the February CTP, see the post on the Expression team blog.