Macro Wallpaper

I’ve had fun with photography for many years, and I especially enjoy macro photography. Whenever I’m on a trip, I keep my eye out for interesting subjects and textures. You should see some of the strange looks I get when I’m standing about 6 inches from a wall taking photographs of stucco, wood, or bricks. I get even stranger looks when I spend time taking photographs of the floor. Anyway, I keep a folder on my computer full of macro shots that make good desktop wallpaper. Here are four “natural” shots of leaves and flowers that I thought you might enjoy. All images have been resized to 1280 x 1024, and they’re around 275KB each.

As a point of interest, the first photograph (palm leaf…oops, Ravages points out that this is most likely a Banana leaf) was taken in front of Ernest Hemingway’s home in Key West, Florida. You’ll notice that it’s the same image I’ve used for the header graphic of my blog.

Let me know if you’d like me to post more of these. I have quite a few.

1. New wallpaper user says:

Fantastic work. Out of curiosity, what kind of camera do you use?

2. Ravages says:

Just a little thing. That isn’t palm leaf. At-least, I don’t think it is. They lok mighty like Banana leaves to me. I have half a dozen of those trees in my house.

3. Ravages says:

Hey! Thanks! Didn’t expect the change, nor the trackback. 🙂

4. New wallpaper user…I currently use a Nikon Coolpix 5700 (http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=2&productNr=25504). It has excellent built-in macro capabilities.

5. Hellsbellboy says:

Good work, I like the photos, never knew they were called Macro photos..

6. Bebo says:

Wonderful backgrounds! I find it difficult to find good high res backgrounds of nature that I like! Since fall is coming, have any good macro shots of fall leaves? Thanks again for the pictures!

7. I’ve received a few e-mails asking me about the wallpaper that shows up on the laptop in my recent Adobe…

8. marc says:

awesome work! now my desktop’s got a brand new look’n’feel. thanks!

9. Ben says:

So, that leaf one ended up in windows vista? Congratulations

10. Steve Howe says:

Hello Mike,

I particularly like the Gerbera Macro!

I’m in the process of putting together a site for a company called ‘Gerbera’, any chance I can use your image?

Steve.

11. Marcos says:

Beautiful, it´s so great. You need this. Thank you Swanson. You need to visite our City (Natal RN – Brazil). It’s like your wallpapers.