Welcome to day 2 of Worldwide Partner Conference 2013! Yesterday was a fantastic start to the conference, I thought, and it was wonderful to see and hear so much positive feedback and excitement from the partners both here at the conference, as well as those joining virtually through social media. For those of you that were following #WPC13 yesterday during the day, you may have noticed that I did manage to send a tweet or two, and I appreciate all of the responses and feedback you provided. It was also really nice to have several of you come up to me throughout the day and evening and introduce yourself, letting me know that you were a follower of mine on Twitter or from my blog. You’ll all get to virtually meet several of them later this wee in my Fantastic People of WPC13 post that I’m taking pictures for and putting together this week. There’s still time left, so be sure to let me know if you want to be part of the Fantastic People of 2013 post and let’s grab a picture together for it.
So for Day 2 at Worldwide Partner Conference 2013, we have a different format than past years, so please be sure to look through the information below to ensure you are aware of the changes this year and know how to get the most out of your day:
- VISION KEYNOTES: Based on partner input and feedback, we WON’T BE HAVING VISION KEYNOTES ON DAY 2. This is a important change to note for day 2, so please do not head over to the Toyota Center this morning, as you won’t find what you are looking for.
- BREAKFAST: Since there are no Vision Keynotes today, breakfast times are being adjusted and will be from 7:30 to 9:00 am today and it will be served on Level 100 of the Convention Center in The Commons. It will be another long day of networking, connecting, getting great info, etc., so it is important to get your nutrition to start the day.
- REGISTRATION: Don’t have your badge yet? Registration is open today from 7:30 am – 6:00 pm in the Convention Center on Level 100 in The Commons.
- VALUE KEYNOTES: Will run from 9:00 – 10:00 am in the Convention Center
- SESSIONS & INTERACTIVE DISCUSSIONS: 10:30 – 11:30 am, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, 3:00 – 4:00 pm, and 4:30 – 5:30 pm in the Convention Center and the Hilton. You can see the detailed list for today in the WPC Conference Guide
- SHUTTLES: Shuttles run today from 7:00 – 9:30 am, then 5:00 – 11:00 pm today between the Conference Center and WPC Hotels. Then they will also run 6:00 – 10:30 pm for the Regional Evening Events between the Conference Center and the Houston Pavilions. Remember that there are no shuttles during the middle of the day.
- LUNCH: Will be served from 11:30 – 1:30 on Level 100 of the Convention Center in The Commons
- THE EXPO, CONNECT, and REGIONAL LOUNGES: Are open from 7:30 am – 5:30 pm on Level 100 of the Convention Center in The Commons
- DETAILED SESSION LIST: You can see the detailed session list for today in the WPC Conference Guide
- THEATER SESSIONS: 10:30 – 5:30 on Level 100 of the Convention Center in The Commons
- HAPPY HOUR: Join us to wind down the day together from 4:00 – 5:30 on Level 100 of the Convention Center in The Commons
- REGIONAL EVENING EVENTS: Various locations
- US REGIONAL EVENT:
- If you have not picked up your wristband to attend as a US partner already, stop by the US Lounge on Level 100 of the Convention Center in The Commons to get yours during the day since you will need this to get in.
- In addition to your wristband to get in, they also have printed cards you can take that has the pertinent details about the event (address, etc.)
- Shuttles for US Event:
- US Partners with a Gold Competencies can take early access shuttles starting at 6:00 and enter the event at 6:30
- US Partners without a Gold Competency can take the shuttle starting at 6:30 and enter the event at 7:00
- You can catch the shuttle at the south end of the Convention Center on Polk St. near Exhibit Hall E and Avenida De Las Americas.
Be sure to follow along with the excitement and news online today through social media by following and tweeting with the #WPC13 hashtag on Twitter, and be sure you have my Microsoft Info Partner Mobile App installed on your Windows Phone. Speaking of which, be sure to congratulate Andreas Bublak (@abamba) for being the winner of yesterday’s #WPC13 special promo I ran through my app. Other chances my still be coming here at the conference so install my Microsoft Info Partner Mobile App on your Windows Phone now so you can be a part as well.
Did you find this information helpful? If so, you may want to make sure you are utilizing all of the areas I share information online, such as:
|Get the Microsoft Info Partner Mobile App and get access to the latest from all of those plus: product teams, MPN teams, Microsoft News and hundreds more resources here at Microsoft right on your phone:|
Thanks again for being a reader of my blog!
Thank you and have a wonderful day,