Back in October, we began offering a Windows 8 Pro upgrade offer of $39.99 for people upgrading to Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP (SP3). The promotional price is limited to one upgrade per PC and a maximum limit of five upgrade licenses per customer. This promotion is for individuals and small businesses needing to upgrade up to five devices. If you are a business customer looking to upgrade more than five devices to Windows 8 Pro, contact your Microsoft partner for more information.
One key piece of information about this Windows 8 Pro upgrade promotion is, the promotion began on October 26, 2012 and runs until January 31, 2013, inclusive. In case you haven’t checked your calendar recently, that January 31, 2013 date is just days away, so be sure that you are taking advantage of this offer before time expires! You can see the full Terms and Conditions of the Windows 8 Pro upgrade offer online. Included on that page are also several FAQ, which you may find useful, such as:
- Are these promotions worldwide?
- How many languages is the promotion available in?
- What currencies are supported to purchase the download?
- Are the prices of the promotions the same in every market?
- What is the local pricing for the download promotion, in the 23 currencies?
- What edition of Windows 8 will I receive when I upgrade?
- Is installation media available for purchase during the download?
- Are Windows 7 touch-enabled PCs compatible with Windows 8?
- Is Windows Media Center included in the upgrade to Windows 8 Pro?
- Will DVD playback work after upgrading?
- What is the minimum screen resolution for Windows 8?
- Is there a limit to the number of upgrades I can purchase?
- Why is there a limit of five upgrades per customer?
- Will businesses or enterprise be eligible for these promotions?
- Is the promotion available at retail on the boxed product?
- Can all Windows 7 PCs be upgraded to Windows 8?
- Will I receive support when I purchase an upgrade either at retail or online?
You can check out more on Windows 8 on the Windows 8 page on Microsoft.com, including some great overviews of things Windows 8 offers and customizable features, such as:
- Getting started – Connect, share, work and play in whole new ways.
- Make it yours – Make your PC look and sound the way you want.
- Apps & games – Cool new ways to share and play plus apps for just about everything.
- Music, photos, & video – Create, experience, manage, and share media like never before.
- People & social – Video chat, connect your accounts, manage your contacts and socialize.
- Web & networking – Set up a network then browse the web in new and better ways.
- Organization & efficiency – Organize your stuff, use Office apps, connect devices and go mobile.
- Security – Help keep your PC, privacy and family safer.
If you are a Microsoft partner, be sure to utilize the Windows 8 information available for you on the Windows 8 page on the Microsoft Partner Network portal.
Ok, time is ticking, so head out to the Windows 8 Pro promotional site and get your upgrade before this offer is gone!
Did you find this information helpful? If so, you may want to make sure you are utilizing all of the areas I share information online, such as:
|Get the Microsoft Partner Info Mobile App and get access to the latest from all of those plus: product teams, MPN teams, Microsoft News and hundreds more resources here at Microsoft right on your phone:|
Thanks again for being a reader of my blog!
Thank you and have a wonderful day,