|This week, Microsoft posted the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for April 2012, which includes updates for products such as Windows, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, .Net Framework, SQL Server, Forefront, and Microsoft Developer Tools. This summary includes the following Bulletin IDs:|
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS12-023 – Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer – KB2675157
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS12-024 – Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows – KB2653956
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS12-025 – Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft .NET Framework – KB2671605
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS12-026 – Vulnerability in Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway – KB2663860
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS12-027 – Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office, SQL Server, Server software, and Developer Tools – KB2664258
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS12-028 – Vulnerability in Microsoft Office – KB2639185
We will be hosting a webcast on these bulletins on April 11, 2012, at 11:00 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada). Register now for the April Security Bulletin Webcast. After this date, this webcast is available on-demand.
For those interested, we also have:
- The April 2012 Security Release ISO Image available for download. This DVD5 ISO image file contains the security updates for Windows released on Windows Update on April 10, 2012
- I have put together A single list of Microsoft April Security downloads by product if you are interested
Interested in learning how to receive automatic notifications whenever Microsoft security bulletins are issued? You can find out more HERE.
When it comes to applying security updates, remember that:
- Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Security Support or 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for support calls that are associated with security updates. For more information about available support options, see Microsoft Help and Support.
- International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. There is no charge for support that is associated with security updates. For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues, visit International Help and Support.
You can also view the full Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for April 2012 on the Security TechCenter as well as our “Assessing risk for the April 2012 security updates” chart which includes information on the assessed maximum bulleting severity, exploitability rating, likely first 30 days impact, and platform mitigations and key notes for each security bulletin released.
Now that the April, 2012 Security Bulletin Webcast has taken place, I am embedding the replay here for you to view on demand:
Did you find this information helpful? If so, you may want to make sure you are utilizing all of the areas I share information online, such as:
|Get the Microsoft Partner Info Mobile App and get access to the latest from all of those plus: product teams, MPN teams, Microsoft News and hundreds more resources here at Microsoft right on your phone:|
Thanks again for being a reader of my blog!
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Eric Ligman – Follow me on TWITTER, LinkedIn, and RSS and see “What I’m thinking”
Director, Worldwide Partner Experience
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights