Recently, I let you all know about the Big Easy Offer and how to participate in it in my Money, money, money! Are you claiming yours through the Big Easy offer? post. One thing I called out in the post, to help avoid confusion, is the fact that the Big Easy 8.0 offer page states that only the U.S. offer is still in market. Well, thanks to a very astute Microsoft partner out there (thanks, Philip!) who pinged my on my Twitter account, it was brought to my attention that in fact the Canadian Big Easy Offer page had been updated, which included an extension of the offer dates. So, with this new information, I wanted to be sure to let all of the Canadian partners and businesses know that in fact the Big Easy Offer is alive and well up north and here are the details.
In Canada, the Big Easy Offer brings you the opportunity to earn a partner subsidy of up to 20% of Microsoft Estimated Retail Price:
To participate in the Big Easy Offer in Canada:
- Qualifying Microsoft products must be purchased through the following licensing programs:
- Open Business License (L Only)
- Open Business License and Software Assurance (L&SA)
- Open Value
- Open Value Subscription
- As noted in my earlier post, some of you probably noticed that purchase License and Software Assurance (L&SA) through the Open License program does not qualify. Before you ask if that is a typo or an oversight, the answer is, “No, it is not.” If you are looking at Software Assurance, Open Value is the program for you. Why? I’m glad you asked. If you haven’t read it before, I’d suggest taking a quick read through my Microsoft Open License Basics – Why you should stop selling or buying Software Assurance… post.
- What are the qualifying products?
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Small Business Server 2011
- Microsoft Lync 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010
- You can see the specific SKUs by licensing program in the published “Schedule A,” which not only includes the part numbers for each qualifying item, but also the subsidy by product being offered through the Big Easy Offer.
- For the Canadian Big Easy Offer, the offer is good in Canada only and only for eligible licenses that will purchased and used in the country.
- To qualify, purchases must be made February 1, 2012 through May 31, 2012 and you need to register the qualifying purchase before 5:00 p.m within thirty (30) days of purchase.
- Eligible Licenses must be genuine licenses and must be purchased from a Registered, Certified or Gold Certified partner that is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program partners in order to qualify for partner subsidy dollars ("Authorized Selling Partners").
Here are the Canadian specific Big Easy Offer resources that you may want to check out for further information:
- The Big Easy Offer Canada official site
- Canada Big Easy Offer Terms & Conditions
- Canada Big Easy Offer online partner subsidy calculator
- Canada Big Easy Offer Desktop Gadget
- Canada Big Easy Offer Claim Form
Whenever the Big Easy offer is in market, it is always a favorite among partners and customers, so if you have not participated in it before, please be sure to check it out this time. Also, if you are in the U.S., here are the details for your Big Easy Offer: Money, money, money! Are you claiming yours through the Big Easy offer?
Did you find this information helpful? If so, you may want to make sure you are utilizing all of the areas I share information online, such as:
|Get the Microsoft Partner Info Mobile App and get access to the latest from all of those plus: product teams, MPN teams, Microsoft News and hundreds more resources here at Microsoft right on your phone:|
Thanks again for being a reader of my blog!
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Eric Ligman – Follow me on TWITTER, LinkedIn, and RSS and see “What I’m thinking”
Director, Worldwide Partner Experience
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights