With each passing day, we get another day closer to Worldwide Partner Conference 2012, which is July 8-12th in Toronto this year. I absolutely love Worldwide Partner Conference and it is by far my favorite conference of the year! What is also getting closer with each passing day is the deadline to get your Worldwide Partner Conference 2012 Partner Award nominations in. The deadline for submission is April 15,2012 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time. For those of you without a calendar right in front of you, that’s just over two weeks away!
To help you out, I am posting some information and resources for you here so that you can get started right now in getting your nomination in and are not one of the poor souls that finds yourself on the other side of the deadline saying, “What? I missed it? Can I still submit?” Unfortunately, each year there are those people who procrastinate and put off their submission with the age old reason of, “I’ll get to it tomorrow,” and by the time they get to the ‘tomorrow’ that they are going to do it, it is too late. Don’t be one of those poor souls.
Let’s get started with the categories and awards available to you. Once again, we have a great collection of awards available this year, plus we have added some new awards as well:
Emerging Technologies and Innovation Awards
Microsoft Country Awards
Services and Support Awards
Vertical, Industry, and Segment Awards
Microsoft Partner Network Competency Awards
Sales Excellence Awards
As you can see, there are a ton of categories for you to select from, based on your solution offerings, and yes, you can submit nominations for as many different categories as you are eligible for. Looking for more information about each of the award categories and eligibility criteria for each? No problem. We have an Award categories and descriptions document that you can download that includes all of this.
Now about those nominations themselves…
- You’re going to need to know where to submit them at. That is easy. You can submit your nominations online here.
- Since we’ve done this for several years now, we’ve also put together a collection of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding the awards that might be of help to you.
- Like any contest, there are rules that you need to be aware of. To make it easy, you can download the 2012 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference Awards Official Rules here.
- As I am sure you are aware, the winners will be selected by a panel of judges who will go through all of the nominations looking for a set of criteria by which the entries are rated. Sure would be nice to know what the judges look for, wouldn’t it? Tell you what… If you promise not to tell anyone, I’ll let you in on the inside scoop and provide you with a quick look at what the judges are told to look for and rate each entry on by award category.
- We also have the Worldwide Partner Conference 2012 Awards Program page located on the Digital WPC site.
Ok, that should give you more than enough information to get your high quality nomination together and submitted for the categories you want to enter this year. Now stop reading this, follow the links above, and get your nominations in! After all, we’re heading into the weekend, so you have some time to get this taken care of before the hectic work week starts again on Monday. Good luck to all of you and I look forward to seeing you all at WPC 12 in Toronto!
Did you find this information helpful? If so, you may want to make sure you are utilizing all of the areas I share information online, such as:
|Get the Microsoft Partner Info Mobile App and get access to the latest from all of those plus: product teams, MPN teams, Microsoft News and hundreds more resources here at Microsoft right on your phone:|
Thanks again for being a reader of my blog!
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Eric Ligman – Follow me on TWITTER, LinkedIn, and RSS and see “What I’m thinking”
Director, Worldwide Partner Experience
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights