Today is an incredibly exciting day and one that many of you have been looking forward to as today we announced the availability of the Windows 8 Consumer Preview for download. As with several of our other big days in the past, I am putting up this post to help make sure you get to the information and resources you are looking for to get the most from this exciting milestone.
- Welcome to Windows 8 – The Consumer Preview – Blog post by Steven Sinofsky that provides a fantastic overview of the Windows 8 Consumer Preview announcement, a demo video, and much, much more.
- Introducing Windows 8 Consumer Preview – Blog post by the Windows Team that provides a great look at the Windows 8 Consumer Preview and what you can expect to see within it, including links to additional resources, such as the: Windows 8 Consumer Preview IT Pro Forums on TechNet, Windows 8 Consumer Preview forum and the Windows 8 Consumer Preview FAQ, and many more.
- How and where to download the Windows 8 Consumer Preview bits – Ok, who’s looking for how and where they can actually download the Windows 8 Consumer Preview? Well, look no further than with Windows 8 Consumer Preview site.
- Read the official Microsoft Announces Availability of Windows 8 Consumer Preview Press Release in the Microsoft News Center
- Partners – Check out the Windows 8 page on the Microsoft Partner Portal
- Are you a developer? Check out the Windows Dev Center where you can get developer tools and more
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview Product Guide for Business
- Window Team: Want to keep up on the latest from them? Check out these resources:
- Windows Team Blog
- Windows 8 Blog
- @Windows on Twitter
- @BuildWindows8 on Twitter
- Windows Store Blog
- Oh, and have I mentioned recently that all of those (and more) are included under “Windows” as a single stream in the Microsoft Partner Info Mobile App? (Oh how I love that app on days like this for keeping track of all of the exciting news )
Needless to say, as more information becomes available or as I hear requests and questions from you on other resources you are looking for, I’ll be sure to add more information for you. For right now, give those official resources above a spin and let me know how you like the Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
Did you find this information helpful? If so, you may want to make sure you are utilizing all of the areas I share information online, such as:
|Get the Microsoft Partner Info Mobile App and get access to the latest from all of those plus: product teams, MPN teams, Microsoft News and hundreds more resources here at Microsoft right on your phone:|
Thanks again for being a reader of my blog!
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Eric Ligman – Follow me on TWITTER, LinkedIn, and RSS and see “What I’m thinking”
Director, Worldwide Partner Experience
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights