This is truly an exciting day! You may recall the announcement back on May 10th of Microsoft’s acquisition of Skype. Well just moments ago, the official announcement was made that the Microsoft acquisition of Skype has closed! With this exciting announcement, I thought I’d put up a quick post here to help connect you with the latest information on this.
- Steve Ballmer: “Skype is a phenomenal product and brand that is loved by hundreds of millions of people around the world. We look forward to working with the Skype team to create new ways for people to stay connected to family, friends, clients and colleagues — anytime, anywhere.”
- Tony Bates: “By bringing together the best of Microsoft and the best of Skype, we are committed to empowering consumers and businesses around the globe to connect in new ways. Together, we will be able to accelerate Skype’s goal to reach 1 billion users daily,” Wow, one BILLION (yes, with a “B”)!
Ok, let’s connect you with those resources and information:
- You can read the official press release, “Microsoft Officially Welcomes Skype”
- Read the Tony Bates blog post
- Check out this Infographic on Skype’s video calling momentum
Tony Bates on Microsoft’s acquisition of Skype:
I hope you enjoy checking out this information as much as I did and I am very excited about the possibilities moving forward! (Did I mention, “Woohoo!!”)
Did you find this information helpful? If so, you may want to make sure you are utilizing all of the areas I share information online, such as: my Facebook page, my Twitter account, my Linkedin account, and my blog. Plus, you can now get all of the latest Microsoft Partner Information right on your phone!
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Eric Ligman – Follow me on TWITTER, LinkedIn, and RSS and see “What I’m thinking”
Director, Worldwide Partner Experience
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights