Since the initial V 1.0 release of the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app in May, it has continued to evolve in terms of interface and information that it brings directly to the phones of partners everywhere based on input and feedback we have received from our partners on what they would like to see. Today, the V 2.2 release of the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app goes live in the Windows Phone Marketplace, and with it, it brings a collection of new updates, new resources, and more for our Microsoft partners around the world.
So what does the V 2.2 release of the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app bring with it? Let’s take a look:
- Updated queries – The Microsoft Partner Info app brings real-time information directly to your phone across a wide variety of topics related to the Microsoft business. Since the last release of the app, most of the queries powering the feeds have been updated to not only provide additional information, but to also improve the feeds themselves. In addition, many of the feeds have also been updated to enable real-time slipstreaming of new content.
- New additions – As with previous releases of the Microsoft Partner Info app, the V 2.2 release adds in a collection of new data sources into the app. As some examples, here are some of the new feeds you will now find in the Microsoft Partner Info app V 2.2 release:
- Expanded feeds – In addition to bringing on the several net new teams listed above, for several of the feeds that were already included in previous versions of the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app, the data sources have been expanded to provide you with access to even more information from the related teams and individuals. For instance, the MVP Program feed inside the People section now includes three additional resources provided by the MVP Program Team that the original feed did not and the Windows Team feed now includes several new inputs, including the @MSSpringboard team and the Windows Team Partner blog. (Thanks, @StephenLRose for the Windows Team addition suggestions)
- YouTube – Several of the teams here at Microsoft produce and distribute content through their team’s various YouTube channels. These YouTube channels are now integrated into the information streams inside the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app, as appropriate. What this means is, as the teams release new items into their YouTube channels, they will show inside the various feeds in chronological order, along with the other information included in their feed.
Here are just a few data points about the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app that may be of interest to you:
- The V 2.2 release of the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app brings together real-time information provided by over 200 different sources and puts it right in your hand
- The Microsoft Partner Info mobile app is in the top 10% of apps downloaded from Windows Phone Marketplace*
- Top 6 countries where the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app is being downloaded for Windows Phone*:
- United States
- United Kingdom
* Data based on August 31, 2011 app ranking & download stats
As always, I would love your input and feedback on the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app as it exists today, as well as how we can improve it and make it even more valuable for you in the future. As such, I am providing you the opportunity to provide me with your input right here:
Here’s how you can get the V 2.2 release of the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app on your phone:
- If you have an Android phone, the 2.2 version has not been released yet; however, you can install the latest version (2.0) available for Android from the Android Marketplace by clicking here.
- If you have an iPhone, well, you should probably read this post on how to save up to 33% as a Microsoft Partner using Apple’s answer on how you should get the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app. (Get a Windows Phone)
Thank you in advance for you input and feedback on the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app and I hope you enjoy the new V 2.2!
Did you find this information helpful? If so, you may want to make sure you are utilizing all of the areas I share information online, such as: my Facebook page, my Twitter account, my Linkedin account, and my blog. Plus, you can now get all of the latest Microsoft Partner Information right on your phone!
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Eric Ligman – Follow me on TWITTER, LinkedIn, and RSS and see “What I’m thinking”
Director, Worldwide Partner Experience
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights