I am happy to announce that the updates I mentioned in my Changes coming to Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) August 15th post from a couple of weeks ago are now live across all of the servers and available to our customers and partners around the world, as you can see here to the right:
Some of the key changes made during this update include:
- A new look – a user interface with improved access to help and resources
- The Product downloads and Product keys pages are now combined into one. From this one new Downloads and Keys page, you will be able to:
- View a product description
- Download products
- Get the product’s key(s)
- Purchase Media Kits, if qualified
- The Online Services and Subscriptions pages will be combined into one Subscriptions menu. No changes will be made to the navigation, page content or links in these sections of the VLSC.
- New visibility into License Grants, which means you can now see what promotional products your customer is entitled to.
With the new updates being live, I also wanted to call out some resources available to you to help you get the most out of the new VLSC experience:
- How to, for some typical/requested items in the new VLSC interface
- VLSC “How to” Videos:
- VLSC User Guide
I would also like to re-iterate what I said in my Changes coming to Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) August 15th post and again extend a big “Thank you” to all of you that have been active participants in utilizing the new VLSC interface as it has been running in preview mode parallel to the production site and for all of the feedback and input you have provided to us throughout the experience as we worked towards the August 15th launch date of the new interface. We truly appreciate all of your feedback in helping us make the VLSC user experience better for all users. By the way, Want to be a future Microsoft VLSC preview site tester? How to let us know.
Did you find this information helpful? If so, you may want to make sure you are utilizing all of the areas I share information online, such as: my Facebook page, my Twitter account, my Linkedin account, and my blog. Plus, you can now get all of the latest Microsoft Partner Information right on your phone!
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Eric Ligman – Follow me on TWITTER, LinkedIn, and RSS and see “What I’m thinking”
Director, Worldwide Partner Experience
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights