For those of you with the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app installed on your phones, here is some news for you about some updates that have been delivered to your app over the past few hours without requiring any update to the app file on your phone at all. To help introduce you to several of these new updates, I thought I would highlight them for you here:
- For the partners located in Australia, if you look in the Australia Partner section of the app under “Countries,” you will now find updates from the Microsoft Australia Partner Team Twitter account now streaming into your feed:
- For the partners located in the U.S., if you look in the U.S. Partner section of the app under “Countries,” you will now find updates included from Cindy Bates’, Vice President of Microsoft’s US SMB Organization, blog and Twitter account:
- For those partners focused on CRM, if you look in the Dynamics CRM section of the app under “Products,” you will now find updates included from the MS CRM Online blog as well as MS CRM Online Twitter account in the feed:
- For those partners focused on Lync, if you look in the Lync section of the app under “Products,” you will now find updates included from Dr. Rez, of the Microsoft Lync Team included as well in the feed:
- For those partners focused on Windows Azure, if you look in the Windows Azure section of the app under “Products,” you will now find updates included from the Windows Azure User Group Twitter account included as well in the feed:
Now some of you may be wondering, “Will I need to download a new updated version of the Microsoft Partner Info app on my phone to get these new feeds?” As noted in the opening paragraph, no, you don’t need to download anything if you already have the Microsoft Partner Info app. In fact, these updates have already been slipstreamed into the app throughout this morning and you have the updated feeds right now as you read this post, so go ahead and give them a try.
For those of you that don’t have the Microsoft Partner Info app on your phone yet, no worries. Here is how you can get it for yourself right now.
- On your Windows Phone yet, simply click the “Marketplace” button on your Windows Phone and do a search for, “Microsoft Partner Info” in the Marketplace. You can install it directly from there.
- On your PC, you can add it to your Zune Marketplace for download to your Windows Phone by clicking here
- If you have an Android device, you will see these updates in any of the feeds you have in the 1.3 version already. For any of the feeds added in the 2.0 version, I will be releasing the version 2.0 build for Android next week, which will add several of the new information streams into the Android version (like the Events and Partner Talk streams); however, it will still be in the scrolling list layout that the V 1.3 release had since the version 2.0 interface is specific to Windows Phone at this time since it is based off the Windows Phone design functionality.
- Current users of the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app on Android will receive an update notification once the version 2.0 is posted for Android.
- Those with Android devices today that don’t have the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app installed, you can download the V 1.3 of it here right now, then you will be able to take advantage of all that the current version has to offer and you too will receive a notification once the V 2.0 is available for your Android device.
- If you have an iPhone, well, Apple says that if you want the Microsoft Partner Info app, you should just get a Windows Phone. Seriously, take a look.
As always, please keep your input and feedback coming on the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app. You can continue to send it to me in numerous ways:
- Send it to me through any of my social media locations
I’d love to hear your input and feedback, because I already have several modifications, updates, additions, and more that I want to bring to the Microsoft Partner Info mobile app this year and I’d like to be sure to incorporate your input and thoughts on it into those. After all, the whole goal of the app is to help you get access to information and resources in an easier manner from a single location, right on your phone, wherever you are to make your experience with Microsoft even better.
Did you find this information helpful? If so, you may want to make sure you are utilizing all of the areas I share information online, such as: my Facebook page, my Twitter account, my Linkedin account, and my blog. Plus, you can now get all of the latest Microsoft Partner Information right on your phone!
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Eric Ligman – Follow me on TWITTER, LinkedIn, and RSS and see “What I’m thinking”
Director, Worldwide Partner Experience
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights