Following my Small Business Specialist (SBSC) Step-by-step checklist to re-enrollment in Microsoft Partner Network, Silver Competency Step-by-step checklist to re-enrollment in Microsoft Partner Network, and Gold Competency Step-by-step Checklist to Re-enrollment in Microsoft Partner Network posts last week, I received an inquiry from a partner asking for more information on where to find information about preparing for and taking the Licensing Overview Assessment and the Sales and Marketing Assessment, which are listed as requirements for several of the competencies in the Microsoft Partner Network after launch in October. To answer this question, I thought I would put up a post here so that any one else with this same question could have access to this information as well and share it with their peers that may also have these questions.
First, to find out the competencies available in the Microsoft Partner Network, as well as the benefits of each and the requirements (including whether or not the Licensing Overview Assessment or the Sales & Marketing Assessment is required for each), be sure to check out the latest Value of Earning a Microsoft Competency Guide. Now let’s look at the two assessments:
Licensing Overview Assessment
- Generally for competencies requiring this assessment, you will need to employ or contract with one person in a sales role who must pass this assessment
- To help prepare for the Licensing Overview Assessment, we have several preparatory materials, including:
- Ready to take the Licensing Overview Assessment? You can take it online HERE.
Sales & Marketing Assessment
- Generally, for a Silver level competency, one person (employee or contractor) in a sales or marketing role must pass the Sales & Marketing competency assessment for the silver competency your organization wants to attain.
- Generally, for a Gold level competency, two people (employees or contractors) in a sales or marketing role must pass the Sales & Marketing competency assessment for the silver competency your organization wants to attain.
- To help prepare for the Sales & Marketing competency assessment, check out the Learning Paths by Competency that we have available online.
- Below is a screenshot from the Learning Paths page, showing you where you can get the information for your competency:
Ready to take the Sale & Marketing Assessment for the competency you are interested in attaining? Here is where to find the links to the appropriate assessment for you:
- First, go to the Microsoft Business Assessments page on the Microsoft Partner portal
1. Click on the “Sales and Marketing Competency Assessment tab
2. Click on the specific competency you are looking to attain to access the appropriate Sales and Marketing Assessment for that competency
I hope this provides you with information that helps you know more about the assessments, how to prepare for the assessments, as well as where you can take the various assessments for the competencies you are interested in obtaining.
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Eric Ligman – Follow me on TWITTER, LinkedIn, and RSS and see “What I’m thinking”
Global Partner Experience Lead
Microsoft Worldwide Partner Group
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights