Remember the Big Announcement! 50% Off Up-To-Date (UTD) Discount Extended to Office XP and Windows XP owners worldwide made on New Year’s Day? With that announcement, Microsoft made the 50%* Up-to-date discount available on versions of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows that were two versions old (N-2) for the first time worldwide. Now, in case you didn’t hear, this promotion has been extended through September 30, 2010!
For those of you not familiar with the 50%* Off N-2 Up-to-date discount, it is a promotion that lets you move from your current version of Windows or Office (as long as it is within the prior two versions) to the current version of Windows or Office at a 50%* discount off of the up-front cost. This promotion is offered through the Open Value Subscription program, which means that moving forward, you will continue to have access to the most current version of the software you are licensed for, including all upgrades that come out, plus all of the additional benefits of the Open Value Subscription Program, such as:
- Microsoft Office Home Use rights (for those licensed for Microsoft Office through the Open Value Subscription program)
- Upgrade protection (Always receive access to the latest version of Microsoft software)
- Get it and forget it license management (Install software on new PCs without paying for it? Yes, through the Open Value Subscription annual true-up process, you get this flexibility!)
- Purchase from any Microsoft Volume Licensing Reseller
- All qualifying Microsoft Software Assurance benefits for licensed products
- And more…
For those of you not familiar with the 50%* Up-to-date discount works, you might want to check out my How the Microsoft 50%* Up-to-date discount works and other answers post to learn more. Also, remember that since my initial Big Announcement! 50% Off Up-To-Date (UTD) Discount Extended to Office XP and Windows XP owners worldwide post made on New Year’s Day, a new version of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Office 2010), has been released. As such, be sure to check out my What qualifies for the Office Up-to-date 50%* discount (UTD) now that Office 2010 is out? post to see what the current N, N-1, and N-2 qualifying products are for the 50%* Up-to-date discount on Microsoft Office.
*50% is based off Estimated Retail Price. Final prices set by your reseller.
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Eric Ligman – Follow me on TWITTER, LinkedIn, and RSS and see “What I’m thinking”
Global Partner Experience Lead
Microsoft Worldwide Partner Group
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights