Ok, I will be the first to admit that I am a big Bing fan, and not because I work for Microsoft, but because of what Bing delivers and the way it delivers it. Today, the newest U.S. release of Bing was rolled out at a launch event in San Francisco and is packed with great core search improvements and new features including a new Bing for Mobile application for Windows Mobile; a new mobile browser experience; an updated Bing Toolbar; and stunning new mapping functionality based on Silverlight technology. Take a look at some of these examples:
- By better understanding user intent we deliver enhanced results for people, places and things. Try cities, products, health, organizations or celebrities.
- Enhanced previews of results help reduce wasted clicks. Try top websites, Facebook profiles or YouTube videos. (To trigger the preview hover your mouse over the arrow on the right side of each search result.)
- Stay up to date with social media using Twitter Search – the only search engine that is integrated with Twitter.
A Richer, More Organized Experience
- A new homepage with task-based shortcuts and multi-session history help you make faster decisions.
- Visual Search results to help people process information 20% faster than text. Try our new galleries with richer whole page results like movies, cars and cameras.
- A new, improved Bing Video experience brings together content from Hulu, CBS, Viacom and across the web in one place with a great playback experience.
- Enhanced results pages for weather or events and many more topics.
- Get computed answers with Wolfram Alpha. Try body mass results or nutrition results for example.
Simplified Key Tasks
We continue to invest in our core scenarios to help users complete tasks more easily:
- Shopping – get expert and user reviews, not to mention saving money with and cashback offer pages.
- Travel – research directly from the search results page with flights answers, hotel answers and gorgeous city slideshows.
- Local – a new maps beta provides accurate local results with streetside view, fast and intuitive drag and drop routes and Map Apps for better local results
- Health – research medical topics, such as enhanced condition results, or enhanced medication results.
|Like this? Share it with others:|
Thank you and have a wonderful day,