Microsoft Windows 7 launches tomorrow and making sure you have the information and resources you need for your move to Windows 7 has been a strong focus for us here. Two of the resources which we have available for you are the Microsoft Windows® Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows® 7 and the Windows Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 documentation (that was just updated), that you can download free from the Microsoft Download Center.
The Microsoft Microsoft Windows® Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows® 7 is a set of tools and documentation that support the configuration and deployment of Windows® operating systems. By using Windows AIK, you can automate Windows installations, capture Windows images with ImageX, configure and modify images using Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management (DISM), create Windows PE images, and migrate user profiles and data with the User State Migration Tool (USMT). Windows AIK also includes the Volume Activation Management Tool (VAMT), which enables IT professionals to automate and centrally manage the volume activation process using a Multiple Activation Key (MAK).
- You can download the Microsoft Windows® Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows® 7 Here
The Microsoft Windows Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 documentation describes the current methods, tools, and requirements for deploying Windows. This release includes updates to the Windows AIK documentation as of October 2009. Updates include many corrections that were previously documented in the readme file. In addition, updated sections include: disk management, product key and activation clock, the generalize process, the diskpart tool, and Windows RE.
- You can download the Windows Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 documentation Here
In addition, I also have a collection of More Windows 7 Resources and Training Sessions that I had posted to the Blog earlier.
Here are also some links to some more Windows 7 information:
- Compare the Editions of Windows 7
- Learn about the Windows 7 Enterprise Edition and the advantages it provides
- Take a tour of Windows 7
- Check out @MicrosoftHelps for answers to Windows 7 questions
- Check out the Windows 7 Team Blog
- Some Windows 7 Features videos
- Overview of some of the Windows 7 features
Thank you and have a wonderful day,