Here’s a quick reminder about the great Partner-led event taking place tomorrow in Las Vegas that Partners can also attend in person or via Live Meeting if you won’t be able to be there in person. It is the “SBS 2008 Build Day – Partners showing Partners How to Successfully Deploy SBS 2008.” Here are the details on what is sure to be an incredible event:
“Tim Carney, with support of the local SBS user group and the amazing Suzanne Lavine at Microsoft, are putting on the one-day community confab that is truly delivered in the spirit of all goodness.” – Harry Brelsford of SMB Nation
At this event, you’ll learn:
- Why it’s critical to use the Answer File for every install, even when you are not migrating.
- How to easily test Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync with or without AutoDiscover.
- Why you may not want to use AutoDiscover.
Also, if you can’t fill in the blanks then you NEED to attend:
- I will use the ___ for every install, even when I am not ___!
- You mean ___ and ___ don’t work if I don’t run this wizard? But, I already have ___ setup.
- I see why I really need a ___ and not use the ___!
- I didn’t know I could use the Computer Connect site to connect a ___ box to my domain.
- I know ___ and ___ are important but I didn’t know I needed to use them in a specific order.
- 9:00 AM – 9:10 AM – Introductions
- 9:10 AM – 9:20 AM – Answer File & Gotchas
- 9:20 AM – 9:40 AM – SBS Wizard & Gotchas
- 9:40 AM – 9:55 AM – Computer Connect & Gotchas
- 9:55 AM – 10:25 AM – Advanced Management Console
- 10:25 AM – 10:55 AM – Securing SBS/EBS Networks & Best IT Practices – Dana Epp – MVP
- 10:55 AM – 11:25 AM – SBS 2008 Q&A – Susan Bradley – MVP
- 11:25 AM – 11:35 AM – Migration Wizard Tasks & Gotchas
- 11:35 AM – 12:25 PM – Lunch
- 12:25 PM – 1:05 PM – Exchange Management: Tasks beyond the SBS Console
- 1:05 PM – 1:45 PM – Recovering Exchange on SBS 2008: Backup and Disaster Recovery
- 1:45 PM – 2:25 PM – Troubleshooting Mail Hassles on SBS 2008
- 2:25 PM – 2:40 PM – Break
- 2:40 PM – 2:50 PM – Mobility with SBS 2008 – Gotchas when Migrating
- 2:50 PM – 3:20 PM – Virtualizing SBS
- 3:20 PM – 3:50 PM – Eat Your Own Dog Food: An IT Pro’s Network with Hyper-V (time allowing)
- 3:50 PM – 4:05 PM – Survey, Giveaways & Closing
- Tim Carney – SF Bay Link Network Services – http://Sbs-Mobility.blogspot.com – co-founder of BASBiTS.org
- Rob Waggoner – Microsoft Partner Solutions Advisor – http://www.ts2blogs.com/blogs/rwagg
Speakers via Live Meeting:
- Susan Bradley – Microsoft SBS MVP – SBS Diva http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley
- Amy Babinchak – Microsoft EBS MVP – co-founder of http://www.ThirdTier.net
- Dana Epp – Microsoft Security MVP – owner of ScorpionSoft.com makers of AuthAnvil
- Lyle Epstein – Kortek Solutions – Microsoft IT Advisory Council Member – Founder of the Las Vegas SMB IT Pro User Group
Facility Generously Provided by New Horizons CLC of Las Vegas – 702-214-3910
Event Cost: In-Person – $25.00 (includes breakfast & lunch) – Cash Only Please
Live Meeting Attendees – Please do NOT register using the Register link, email Suzanne Lavine to register for Live Meeting only. In your email please indicate the date you wish to attend.
Register for the In-Person Las Vegas Event
Can’t Attend the Event in Las Vegas on May 9th then check out these other events:
- Register for the In-Person Phoenix Event
- Register for the In-Person Irvine Event
- Register for the In-Person Denver Event
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Eric Ligman – Follow me on
Global Partner Experience Lead
Microsoft Worldwide Partner Group
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights