Yesterday, we transitioned the Microsoft Gear Up Licensing Configurator tool to the worldwide version of Microsoft LicenseWise for Volume Licensing. If you have not used LicenseWise in the past, I would encourage you to explore this popular online customer quote creation tool for yourself. With LicenseWise, you can create quotes, retrieve prior quotes, look up ERP pricing, and more. Here’s a screenshot from the new LicenseWise for Volume Licensing tool:
|– Click image for full size|
One thing to note: With the transition of the tool to the worldwide version, you will need to associate your Windows Live ID with your Organization’s Microsoft Partner Program Membership before using the new tool. Here’s how to do it:
- If you don’t already have a Windows Live ID, you will need to Create a Windows Live ID
Once you have done this, or if you already have a Windows Live ID:
- Go to the Partner Program and sign in with your Windows Live ID.
- Select “Associate as an Individual” and follow the instructions.
- Once you have submitted your request to associate and it has been approved, you will receive an e-mail notification and instructions on how to complete your association
Once you have finished this, you can begin using the LicenseWise Tool on the Microsoft Partner Portal. Should you need assistance stepping through the association process:
- Use the Step By Step Association Guide to walk through association scenarios
- Download and review the LicenseWise FAQ for full details concerning the transition.
- Microsoft Partner Program issues concerning organizational information, please contact us
- LicenseWise access issues and tool related questions, please contact your Microsoft Partner Account Manager or submit questions to support
We also have some online LicenseWise training available to help you as well. The thirty-minute LicenseWise training provides a great overview of and demo of how to use the tool. Attend the on demand training for “How to use LicenseWise for Volume Licensing.”
Want to learn more about LicenseWise? Click here for a demo on how LicenseWise delivers up-to-date product and licensing information to help simplify the creation of customer quotes.
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Eric Ligman – Follow me on
Global Partner Experience Lead
Microsoft Worldwide Partner Group
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights