Yes, you can now download Internet Explorer 8, the latest browser from Microsoft directly to your computer from the Internet Explorer 8 web page. Also on the IE8 page, you can:
Want to see some of the great new features available in IE8 to make help make your online experience better? Take a look at the IE8 videos we have posted online. We have educational videos, scenario vides, Partner videos, and case study videos available for you to view online.
In addition to that, we also have the IE8 add-ons gallery available, where you can download add-ons to snap into your IE8 browser to enhance your experience.
Looking for IE8 information by audience type? No problem. We have IE8 information available for:
- IT Pros on TechNet
- Developers on MSDN
- Businesses on Microsoft.com
- Partners on the Microsoft Partner Portal
Just a couple of the great features of IE8 you may want to look into are:
- Accelerators – Help you quickly perform your everyday browsing tasks without navigating to other websites to get things done. Simply highlight text from any webpage, and then click on the blue Accelerator icon that appears above your selection to obtain driving directions, translate and define words, email content to others, search with ease, and more.
- Enhanced Navigation – Compatibility view, enhanced tabbed browsing, better “find on page,” smarter address bar, browse InPrivate, improved zoom, reopen closed tabs, reopen last browsing session, and much more
- Increased Performance
- Improved Favorites & History Management – Enhanced favorites bar, one-click favorites, RSS feeds on favorites bar, history searching & sorting
- Instant Search – Search suggestions, visual search, and more
- Web slices – How many times a day do you check for updates to e-mail, weather reports, sports scores, stock quotes, auction items email and so on? Using Web Slices, you can keep up with frequently updated sites directly from the new Favorites Bar without having to do it manually.
- Automatic Crash Recovery – Single tab isolation as well as last session restore if your tabs unexpectedly close or stop responding.
- Browse Privately – Helps prevent your browsing history, temporary Internet files, form data, cookies, and usernames and passwords from being retained by the browser, leaving no evidence of your browsing or search history and more with InPrivate Browsing, InPrivate Filtering, and enhanced delete browsing history.
- Stay Safer Online – Additional protection from things like malware, phishing, cross site scripting and more.
You may also want to check out the “Brief history of the web” video brought to you by IE8 for a comical look back on the Internet:
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Global Partner Experience Lead
Microsoft Worldwide Partner Group
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights