Yesterday we announced the upcoming Windows 7 SKU line up, including the posting of a Q&A session with Mike Ybarra, Windows General Manager.
One of the editions announced was that of Windows 7 Enterprise, which offers great new functionality that advances our vision for the Optimized Desktop. Here are just a few of the specific features that Windows 7 Enterprise will offer and what it means to you and your clients:
- Make users productive anywhere
- DirectAccess gives mobile users seamless access to corporate networks without a need to VPN (With Windows Server 2008 R2).
- BranchCache decreases the time branch office users spend waiting to download files across the network (With Windows Server 2008 R2).
- Enterprise Search Scopes allows users to find information on network locations including SharePoint sites with a simple user interface.
- Enhance Security & Control
- Bitlocker and Bitlocker To Go help protect data on PCs and removable drives, with manageability to enforce encryption and backup of recovery keys.
- AppLocker allows IT to specify what software is allowed to run on user’s PCs through centrally managed, but flexible, Group Policies.
- Streamline PC Management
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Optimizations improves user experience for VDI to better support virtualization on the client.
- Multi Lingual User Interface creates a single operating system (OS) image for deployment to users worldwide.
We also have a collection of Windows 7 Beta screenshots available for anyone interested.
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Global Partner Experience Lead
Microsoft Worldwide Partner Group
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights