Windows 7, the next release in the Microsoft Windows family, is now available for download as a beta, and you are invited to try it out for yourself! Windows 7 represents a significant opportunity to grow your solution services as you help customers reduce costs and increase IT business value in a challenging economic climate. Building on the substantial investments made in Windows Vista, Windows 7 improves security, reliability, networking, and user experience.
PLEASE NOTE: MSDN and TechNet subscribers can now download Windows 7 Beta today; partners that don’t have a subscription to either of those can download the beta starting January 9, 2009. For all of you that are Certified or Gold Certified level in the Microsoft Partner Program, remember that you receive TechNet Plus Direct subscriptions as a benefit of your Microsoft Partner Program membership.
So here are some suggested next steps for you:
- Go to the Windows 7 page on the Partner Portal to access all of the items below (and more!) in one simple place.
- Try Windows 7 Beta: Download the Windows 7 Beta today.
- Learn about Windows 7 Beta: The Windows 7 Online Readiness Kit includes specific tools and resources to help you prepare for new opportunities to grow your business. Here are just a few:
- Windows 7 At a Glance: A white paper to help you learn what’s new with Windows 7 for IT professionals.
- Deployment and Windows 7 Guidance Presentation: An overview of what’s new with Windows 7 deployment tools and processes.
- Windows 7 Quick Reference Cards: A look at Windows 7 and the partner resources to help you support small- business, midsize-business and enterprise customers.
- Customer Deployment Principles Guide: Use this guide to navigate customers’ choices between deploying the Windows Vista operating system or the Windows 7 operating system.
- Customer & Partner campaign materials
- Desktop Optimization: Data sheet, presentation, and white paper
- Check out the Windows 7 Preview Video
- Tap into the Springboard Series on TechNet which provides dynamic information and structured resources to help you explore, pilot, and deploy Windows 7 in your environment. Discover how Windows 7 can help you better manage and secure your PC client infrastructure, and find the tools and resources to guide you through each stage of the adoption process—from both Microsoft experts and our community of IT professionals around the world.
- Subscribe to the Springboard Series blog for real-time updates on Windows 7.
- Learn more about Windows 7 by taking the Meet Windows 7 Small Business online training course
- Subscribe to the Windows 7 Blog for more ongoing info on Windows 7
- Tell us about your experience with Windows 7 Beta
- Combine the resources in the Windows 7 Readiness Kit with a customer-ready presentation (included in the Readiness Kit) to help start conversations about the benefits of Windows 7 for your customers
- Encourage your customers and colleagues to try Windows 7 Beta
- Go back to the Windows 7 page on the Partner Portal to make sure you took advantage of all of the items there for you that are not included above.
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Global Partner Experience Lead
Microsoft Worldwide Partner Group
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights