Many of you have seen and used the Microsoft Gear Up Sales Toolkit, the printed book that is sent out with information on products, part #s, licensing programs, and much, much more. To keep up with the demand for these powerful and information-rich resources, as well as making the delivery and availability more readily accessible, Microsoft is moving from a printed version to an enhanced, online version in order to provide you with a more effective sales experience.
The online version of the Gear Up Sales Toolkit, referred to as eToolkit, delivers improved functionality, new features, superior portability, and enhanced accessibility to Microsoft product information. To help reduce the Microsoft environmental footprint, the printed version will no longer be distributed. So what features will this new eToolkit include? Here are just a few:
- Keyword Search Functionality – Quickly find specific items such as product and licensing information
- Embedded Deep Links – One-click access to additional content and information
- “Locking Zoom” – Maintain viewing preferences throughout session
- Copy and Paste Functionality – Easily drop content into presentations and emails
- Print on Demand – Create and print customized mini-booklets for convenient portability
- Easy Navigation – Alphabetical index and table of contents
- SKUs – Quick access to product license SKUs
- User Feedback Form – Help Microsoft continue to optimize the toolkit’s user experience
So how do you get the eToolkit? eToolkit will be available through the Microsoft Gear Up Web site beginning December 1, 2008. eToolkit will continue to be available in PDF and OneNote formats, and updates will continue to occur three times per year.
What if you REEEEEAAALLLLY want a printed copy of the December Sales Toolkit? Gear Up is providing a limited number of printed copies of the December Sales Toolkit through Order on Demand. These Sales Toolkits will be available for purchase. Due to the limited quantity of printed Sales Toolkits, Gear Up is unable to guarantee availability and provides them on a first come first served basis HERE.
Have any questions about this new resource? Let the MS Sales Toolkit Team know.
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Global Partner Experience Lead
Microsoft Worldwide Partner Group
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights