Many of you have probably used the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit in the past in migration and upgrade planning for your clients. Now, the latest version of the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit is available, with many new and improved features.
Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 3.2 assessment areas now include:
- SQL Server Database Instance Discovery (NEW!)
- Microsoft Online Services Needs Assessment and Survey (NEW!)
- Forefront Client Security/NAP Readiness Assessment (NEW!)
- Power Savings Calculator (NEW!)
- Virtualization Infrastructure Assessment (e.g. reporting the mapping of hosts by guests) (NEW!)
- Windows Server 2008 Hardware Assessment
- Server Consolidation Reports and Proposals (Hyper-V or Virtual Server 2005 R2)
- Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007 Hardware Assessment
- Desktop Security Assessment to determine if desktops have anti-virus and anti-malware programs installed and up-to-date, or if the Windows Firewall is turned on
Want to learn more and download the Toolkit for yourself? Head on out to the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit page today and get started.
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Global Partner Experience Lead
Microsoft Worldwide Partner Group
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights