That’s right! Once again, we have taken your input and feedback and put it to use in updating how we deliver for you and your clients. Just like the announcement on the 4th of Microsoft Office Enterprise, coming to Open Value Subscription on October 1st, based on your input and feedback, we are announcing the new wave in how we provide Platform options for your clients.
In the past, we have had the Small Business Desktop Advantage and the Desktop Professional as the two Platform options. These are fantastic solutions to help your clients get the most for less; however, they do have a few challenges:
- What if your client runs SBS but wants to take advantage of the new Microsoft Office Enterprise Edition for their company? (Small Business Desktop Advantage offers SBS CALs; however it has Office Small Business in it, not Enterprise)
- What if your client wants Office Small Business Edition but needs the Core CAL since they run Windows Server, not SBS in their environment? (Desktop Pro has the Core CAL in it; however, it has Office Pro Plus in it, not Office SBE)
Now with this new “Build your own platform” agreement coming in October, those concerns go away. So, how does it work? Similar to the Small Business Desktop Advantage and the Desktop Professional:
- The agreement will be required to be a company-wide agreement (one per computer in the company)
- Provides great cost savings
- Provides up-front and spread payments options through Open Value
- Will be available through Open Value and Open Value Subscription
- Qualifies for the Big Easy Partner subsidy
So what’s different?
- Now you get to pick and choose between the solutions available for Desktop O/S Upgrade, Office Suite, and ECALs for your agreement
- You can mix and match Desktop O/S Upgrades and Office Editions
- You can choose from one of four CAL families
- Office Enterprise will be coming in October
- EBS CALs can be included starting in November
So let’s take a look at the options available in the new “Build Your Own Platform” option coming in October:
I will be bringing you more information on this great new licensing option coming in October over the next few weeks, so be sure to keep your eyes out and let me know ahead of time what questions and thoughts you have about this new solution, so that we can help answer and address them.
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Microsoft Senior Manager, Community Engagement
US Partner Strategy, Marketing and Programs
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights