Are you familiar with MDOP (the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack) yet? Are you using it to help your clients get the most from their infrastructure and to make managing their environments easier? For those of you not familiar with MDOP, it is the incorporation of six Microsoft technologies that can be combined to address key business and technical challenges:
- Application Virtualization. Deploy software applications that are never installed and never require regression testing, yet follow users anywhere, on demand.
- Advanced Group Policy Manager. Help IT take control of the desktop through effective change management, versioning, and resets.
- Asset Inventory Service. Scan software inventory and transform title data into information that can help administrators make better asset-management decisions.
- Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset. Quickly repair unbootable or locked-out systems, restore lost data, remove malware from infected systems, and diagnose problems.
- Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization. Enhance deployment and management of Virtual PC images on a Windows desktop. Simultaneously provide a seamless user experience on a Virtual PC environment independent of the local desktop configuration and operating system.
- Desktop Error Monitoring. Prevent or reduce the response time for system crashes and freezes with granular error filtering and automated alerts.
How do your clients get MDOP? MDOP is sold as an add-on to the Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (Windows Vista Business + Software Assurance) SKU through the Microsoft Volume Licensing Programs. Plus, here is a really attractive part of this… The Estimated Retail Price (ERP) for MDOP is only 90¢ per desktop per month. That’s it! Just 90¢ per desktop per month gets you all of the features and benefits of the MDOP suite for your desktops with Windows Vista Enterprise on them. To make it easier for you, here are the Part #s for MDOP through the Open Value and Open Value Subscription programs:
- Open Value Subscription: Part #: WSB-00075 – MDOP add-on for Windows Vista SA non-company
- Open Value Subscription: Part #: WSB-00114 – MDOP add-on for Windows Vista SA company wide
- Open Value: Part #: WSB-00073 – MDOP add-on for Windows Vista SA non-company wide
- Open Value: Part #: WSB-00090 – MDOP add-on for Windows Vista SA company wide
Here are some additional resources on MDOP for you and some more information:
- MDOP Overview Data Sheet
- MDOP for Software Assurance Overview Video – Watch these demonstrations to learn more about key features included in MDOP technologies, so you’ll be better prepared for sales discussions
- MDOP Sales Discussion Guide, Midsize Version
- MDOP Asset Inventory Service Data Sheet – Find out how Asset Inventory Service can help customers make better asset-management decisions
- MDOP Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization Data Sheet – Learn more about how to use Microsoft virtualization technologies to optimize enterprise customers’ desktop environments.
- MDOP Application Virtualization Data Sheet – Learn more about how Microsoft virtualization technologies can optimize desktop applications
- MDOP Advanced Group Policy Management Data Sheet – Enhance your knowledge of Advanced Group Policy, the Windows Vista operating system tool that enables IT administrators to more easily deploy and control their desktops.
- MDOP Desktop Error Monitoring Data Sheet – Find out how Desktop Error Monitoring can help you deliver better support and reduce downtime for customers
- MDOP Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset Data Sheet – Show your customers how the Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset can increase system resilience
- MDOP Deployment Guide – Designed for test environments, this guide will help you deploy MDOP technologies according to best practices and with minimal risk of downtime
- Online Technical Training at the Microsoft Partner Learning Center – Become an expert on the technical aspects of Windows Vista Enterprise. Access technical and deployment support and sales training resources here
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008 – Automate desktop and server deployment by using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008
- MDOP website – Find these resources and more, located here.
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Microsoft Senior Manager, Community Engagement
US Partner Strategy, Marketing and Programs
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights