Yesterday morning during the keynote presentations at Worldwide Partner Conference, the pricing, packaging and partner compensation details about Microsoft Online Services were announced. The Microsoft Online Services that were announced are:
- Exchange Online for desktop and mobile e-mail and calendars with Outlook Web Access and full Office Outlook integration
- Office SharePoint Online for portals, collaboration, search and customized team sites
- Office Communications Online for instant messaging and presence
- Office Live Meeting for Web conferencing and videoconferencing
The suite will be available for $15 per user, per month (U.S.). Customers can also subscribe to each service independently.
In addition to these online services, we also announced:
- Exchange Online Deskless Worker – Provides e-mail, calendars, global address lists, anti-virus and anti-spam filters, as well as Outlook Web Access Light for access to company e-mail.
- SharePoint Online Deskless Worker – Provides easy access to SharePoint portal and team sites and search functionality, giving employees read-only access to important information such as company policies, training and benefits.
- Deskless Worker Suite – Includes Exchange Online Deskless Worker and SharePoint Online Deskless Worker
The Deskless Worker Suite will be available for $3 (U.S.) per user, per month. Customers can also subscribe to each service independently.
As with our other Microsoft solutions, Microsoft Online Services will not only offer new solutions and benefits to customers, they will also create new markets and opportunities for our Microsoft Partners. Partners will have new opportunities to migrate, combine and customize Microsoft Online Services. In addition, partners that sell Microsoft Online Services will receive a recurring revenue stream for as long as their customer subscribes to the services. Partners that sell the Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite, Deskless Worker Suite or any of their components receive 12 percent of the first-year contract price and 6 percent of the subscription fee ongoing. This can translate into 18 percent of the subscription value in the first year of the partner’s relationship with the customer.
Here are links to where you can find more information about these solutions and opportunities:
- Microsoft Exchange Online
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Online
- Microsoft Office Live Meeting
- Microsoft Exchange Hosted Services
- Microsoft Online Services Home
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Microsoft Senior Manager, Community Engagement
US Partner Strategy, Marketing and Programs
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights