For those of you anxiously awaiting more information on SBS 2008 and EBS 2008, including editions, pricing, etc., we just released this initial information today. Here is a sample of some of the information released:
Partners and customers can now download and evaluate Windows Essential Business Server 2008 Release Candidate 0 (RC0). SBS 2008 RC0 will be available for download within two to three weeks. Visit http://www.multiplyyourpower.com or http://www.microsoft.com/ess to sign up.
Examples of licensing improvements over the current Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 product include these:
- Customers will be able to purchase single client access licenses (CALs), so they will pay only for the exact number of employees using the product.
- Customers can cost-effectively purchase a mix of Standard or Premium CALs, as appropriate to the technologies that individual employees are using.
- CALs now apply to other copies of Windows Server, SQL Server or Exchange Server on the network, eliminating the need to purchase additional CALs.
Windows Small Business Server & Essential Server Solutions pricing* is as follows:
- Windows Small Business Server 2008 Standard Edition software, including five CALs, $1,089 (U.S.); additional CALs $77 each (U.S.)
- Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium Edition software, including five CALs, $1,899 (U.S.); additional CALs $189 each (U.S.)
- Windows Essential Business Server 2008 Standard Edition software, including five CALs, $5,472 (U.S.); additional CALs $81 each (U.S.)
- Windows Essential Business Server 2008 Premium Edition software, including five CALs, $7,163 (U.S.); additional CALs $195 each (U.S.)
Microsoft also today announced rebates of up to $200 (U.S.) for solution provider partners configuring Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 for their clients who acquire the software and purchase Software Assurance within a certain time period. With Software Assurance, customers will receive the upgrade to Small Business Server 2008 at no additional cost when it is available, as well as access to support, tools and training. Terms and conditions of the rebates are available at http://www.SBSrebate.com.
You can view even more online.
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Microsoft US Senior Manager
Small Business Community Engagement
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights