A Partner recently asked me if it was possible to embed a few of the videos located on my Blog onto their website or Blog and if so, how would they do it. I thought I would share this with all of you in case you wanted to do the same with any of my videos posted here.
For the videos posted here, I have intentionally embedded them using MSN Video to enable others to view and use them directly from my site. Built into the MSN Video player is a group of video options, including ‘embed’ and ‘copy’ features, which is what you will use to do this.
Here are the steps: (I have included a video that shows you steps 1-6 to help out as well as listing the individual steps below)
- Navigate to the Blog post that contains the video(s) you want to include on your website or Blog
- Click on the “Video Options” control located in the bottom-left portion of the video player
- Click on “embed” located in the pop-up menu that rises from the bottom of the video player
- Click on the “Copy” icon, located next to the URL in the pop-up menu of the video player
- Switch to the HTML/web page editor or Blog editor you are using to create or modify your web page or Blog post
- Paste the copied code into the location you want the copied video to be located within the HTML code of your web page or Blog post
- Save your file and post it for all to see
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Microsoft US Senior Manager
Small Business Community Engagement
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights