As we approach another Thanksgiving Day, I wanted to extend a sincere “Thank you” to all of you from me and all of us here. Every day it is easy to get caught up in the day-to-day business and the “meet this deadline” or “where are we on this” rollercoaster which often causes people to narrowly focus on short-term actions or “what is happening now.” Thanksgiving is a time to step back, look at all that is around, and reflect on everything and everyone we truly have to be thankful for and don’t often spend the time to stop and say “Thank you” for during the normal daily routine.
As I look around at all of the people I have the good fortune to work with and interact with, not only here at Microsoft but all of you in the Community, through phone calls, or emails, or presentations, or in-person, etc., it never ceases to amaze me all of the genuine goodness there is and how fortunate I am to be able to interact with you all. Yes, we have our differences from time to time, and yes, we have some “interesting” dialogue now and then, but after all is said and done, I believe all of it is a direct reflection of what we hold in common… A belief that together, we can all help each other and create even more for each of us to be thankful for again.
So, in the spirit of offering thanks, here are just a few of the things I personally would like to say, “Thank you” to all of you for:
- Your open and honest input and feedback – Although the topics get heated from time to time, your willingness to share and discuss with us truly helps in our efforts to better understand how we can better help you in this partnership.
- Your willingness to listen – I know that not all of the answers you get from us are what you always want to hear, but as I promised years ago, I will continue to try to provide the right answers, whether popular or not, to help you understand how to get the most from your relationship with Microsoft.
- Your partnership – As you know, Microsoft is heavily focused on our Partners and building a partnership with you. Microsoft relies on you to be “the face of Microsoft” with your clients to help them understand what our solutions can provide to them and hopefully you rely on us to provide you with those solutions that enable your client’s business as well as your own. Sometimes one or both of us feel challenged in this effort and that is where numbers 1 and 2 come in to help address it, together.
- Your time – None of us have time to burn and time is our most precious and valuable resource. There is never enough and every minute we spend is spent after choosing between any number of options to spend it on. So for the time you spend reading the Blog, interacting in the User Group, listening to a webcast, attending a seminar, talking to clients about Microsoft technology or anything else to grow your Microsoft partnership or practice, thank you for choosing to do so.
- Your patience – We all know things aren’t always perfect on either side of this equation; however, your willingness to work with us in this partnership to grow both of our businesses together is greatly appreciated.
- Your friendship – As I mentioned in the beginning of this post, I have had the great fortune to meet many amazing people (those people who go out of their way for others, those who help when someone needs it, those who believe in the concept of community being about “us,” not “me.”) over the years in this Community, starting back in Midwest while I was located there to those around the country and the world while here on the US Small Business Team. While I met you through business, I now regard many of you as friends.
- And so much more…
So to all of you and your families, a very sincere "Thank you" and Happy Thanksgiving wish from me to you,
Microsoft US Senior Manager
Small Business Community Engagement
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights